Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No power for 3 days in whole of Argentina.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No power for 3 days in whole of Argentina.

Massive black out from 7am this morning. So far we are surviving.(Have 20 bottles of vino in stock). Every man should learn to cook by fire, for situations like this. 7c and raining atm.
    Attached Files

Using que bracho colorado (axe breaker) hardwood.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      That style of cooking brings out the primeval in me. I got a knife and a glass, I’ll bring the sal.

• texastweeter
      texastweeter commented
      Editing a comment
      got your chimichurri ready? That and a little bread are all you need! Gaucho food!

We havent had load shedding for awhile now and you need no excuses to use your fire skills.
    What's with the supply?
    Half lamb today and other half tommorow then what☺
    What time frame for lamb. 3-5 hours?

Comment

• Ahumadora
      Ahumadora commented
      Editing a comment
      I am out in the country and have a knife. Can always go buy an animal off a local farmer. Important basic skills

Agreed everyone should know how to cook by fire, and have a generator, or off grid setup, for the freezers and coolers.

Comment

Holly molly! That's awesome! Sorry to hear about the power situation but it looks like you have it covered!

Comment

Surviving the blackout.
        Attached Files

Comment

Sorry about the power loss, but that lamb looks good. And a good South American wine to go with that? You’re doing ok, I say

Comment

• Ahumadora
            Ahumadora commented
            Editing a comment
            There's also no power in neighboring countries, as the grid is interconected. (Brazil, Uruguay Chile). Sure many folks are doing the same as us. Make the most of a bad situation.

That’s what I call having the ability to adapt to a situation in grand style !

Comment

Looks like your doing just fine. Wine and lamb a good combination.

Comment

Final last pics before the Ganets swooped in and chowed it down. Nice and pink in the moddle of the thigh.
              Attached Files

Comment

That's the pioneer spirit, live like our forefathers did....
                Mind you they were mostly all dead in there 40's so there is something to be said for electricity.

Comment

Way to make do when times are kind of difficult.

Comment

explains why all my neighbors show up at my house if power goes out.

Comment

All we need is a Jug of Bread, A Loaf of wine, an Thou, Brother!!!!

Great cooker, an cook!

Comment

Oh that looks delicious. I love lamb, may have to show up at your place sometime. I do an upper leg every couple of months and I keep it simple. Make a slit every inch and alternate a third of a garlic clove with a piece of fresh rosemary. Then rub it with lemon/olive oil mixture and salt and pepper it. Put it on at 250 and cook it till it reaches 125/130 and let set for medium rare. Don't like it rare as it feels like blubber in the mouth than meat.LOL A small 4lb leg like I get only takes about 3 hrs. You can make a dipping sauce out of any left over oil, garlic and rosemary, just heat it up to allow the flavors to develop and keep it warm and pass when serving the lamb. Degrease and add the drippings if ya got some.
                        Last edited by mountainsmoker; June 16, 2019, 03:53 PM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here