Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grilled leg of lamb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grilled leg of lamb

Hello everyone my name is William and i am going to grill my first leg of lamb 4lbs. Any suggestions or tips?...

Oh I am in the mountains of Bushkill PA...

Comment

Welcome man. I personally have never grilled a leg of lamb but i know people here have. Suggest checking out or searching the lamb recipe section.

For general discussion of the above. For recipes, please see the <i>Lamb, Mutton, Sheep and Goat Recipes</i> sub-channel in the main <i>Recipes Only</i> channel.

Comment

Never grilled lamb ... but it sounds like a good idea. Oh ... and welcome from Colorado!

Comment

Welcome from Winnipeg. Check out the main site, Meathead has some good recipes for lamb.

Comment

Welcome to the pit! Leg of lamb is good eats. Check out the suggestions above, and let us know if you have further questions.

Since you’re new, and if you haven't already done so, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:

Give us an email address you actually use. You can check the email we have on file for you by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Account tab. You currently cannot change your email on file with us since it’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor, Stripe. Don’t worry though, we’d be happy to change it for you. PM (private message) ”Huskee” with your email change request, or via email at [email protected]

Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important so you can receive special deals we occasionally work out for our members, receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all paying USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Thanks for joining!

Comment

Debone it and "butterfly" the leg. (See YouTube for instructions.) Season as you wish, but along with S&P, lamb loves garlic, rosemary, fresh thyme and perhaps a splash of red wine. NO MINT PLEASE! (personal opinion) Leg-o-lamb is mildest and tenderest if grilled to no more than 130-135F. Can also soux vide for a a few hours first if you're equipped. Not more than 2 or 3 hours though! I just did one for 6 hours and it was getting a little "too tender". Good luck & enjoy! Oh yea... welcome!

Comment

• Ahumadora
                Ahumadora commented
                Editing a comment
                Good advice above or semi butterfly so it opens up to the bone and lays flatter on the grill. PS: I like Mint (grew up on roast mutton with mint sauce).

• EdF
                EdF commented
                Editing a comment
                Additionally, smash a couple of canned anchovies and mix into the herbs. It won't taste like fish.

Welcome to The Pit! It is great to have you!

Comment

Welcome! Yes, have grilled lamb. Love it. Cut a bunch of little slits in the meat and stick little slices of garlic in. Salt, pepper and rosemary.

Comment

If you like it Greek style, this one is always a big winner around here. Left column is for the lamb prep, right one for the sauce.

Comment

Welcome to the pit Biggiesweet !

Do you have a rotisserie? If so, that's my favorite cooking method. Debone first and tie it into a roast. I then stab several holes all over the surface and stuff garlic cloves in the holes. I then rub it with balsamic vinegar and olive oil and then sprinkle greek oregano, salt, and pepper all over it. I also tie a few rosemary sprigs on it. Then cook @ 250°F to 130°F internal temp. As far as wood, I like maple, oak, pecan or whatever I have that is mild.

Comment

• Troutman
                      Troutman commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I concur, it loves a good rotisserie grill via the method description above 👍

• pjlstrat
                      pjlstrat commented
                      Editing a comment
                      +1 on the rotisserie, thats how I like to do mine.

Thank you for all of the suggestions and welcome I feel part of the club. Not like so many others! Thanks guys and girls :-)

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_94220.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	173.4 KB
ID:	712981 Hi guys I have been busy since leg of lamb. Check out my smoked brisket, porkbutt, and Louisiana ribs. All smoked for memorial day! My guests went crazy! Whatcha think?
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Biggiesweet; July 13, 2019, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit William. You have some great lookin' food.

Comment

You have game goin’ on,,,
                          But ur killin me,,,how did the lamb come out ?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here