Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smoke/Sous Vide Lamb Leg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoke/Sous Vide Lamb Leg

Found a hunk of lamb about 4" thick cut from the thigh portion of the leg at my local supermarket. I rubbed it down with Meathead's Dolly Rub, let it sit for an hour on the counter, then smoked it on my Camp Chef DXL for 3 hours at 225 (high smoke). Pulled it from the smoker, sealed under vacuum in a plastic bag, and dropped in the sous vide at 138 for about 20 hours. All the deliciousness of the rub and smoke with the melting tenderness of sous vide cooking. It was an experiment that worked well!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0747.jpg
Views:	267
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	516625
    Attached Files

Looks good enough. Very lean! Was it North American lamb or imported?

Comment

• DavePruett
      DavePruett commented
      Editing a comment
      North American—Colorado, to be specific.

• HorseDoctor
      HorseDoctor commented
      Editing a comment
      Now it not only looks good, I know it tastes good!

That lamb looks fantastic! Great bark and super juicy, that's a food mag shot right there.

Comment

• DavePruett
      DavePruett commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! And that was just an iPhone shot. Great cameras on phones these days.

That looks and sounds incredible. I have really grown to love lamb. The flavor is incredible. Even ground lamb is damn good stuff.

Comment

• DavePruett
      DavePruett commented
      Editing a comment
      Totally agree!

that looks AMAZING! im drooling right now

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here