Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4 H lambs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 H lambs

me and my wife are 4H lamb and Goat leaders this is the rough shear the average price theses kids will see at the sale will be over 10.00 lbs on the hoof most will finish at over 135#
    Attached Files

Very nice! The 4-H kids deserve every penny of it! North American lamb is so much better than the imported stuff one too often finds at the meat counter!

Comment

Oily oily fingers.

Ate plenty BBQ'd 4-H lambs growing up. HIGH dollar meat for sure.

Comment

Hey, where's the tall wool sacks that you have to climb into and hand fill with fleeces? Gawd I hated that, especially the ticks. Sure got some nice shiny boots out of the deal though.
        Last edited by CaptainMike; June 2, 2018, 02:42 PM.

Comment

• Fire Art
          Fire Art commented
          Editing a comment
          No one saves the wool on these lambs

• HorseDoctor
          HorseDoctor commented
          Editing a comment
          These are clipped for pretty,not for profit. I too have spent my share of time in the "wool sack". Given the opportunity, I would always choose to catch lambs for the shearers rather than sort & sack wool...

• CaptainMike
          CaptainMike commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, I know what they're doing, it just reminded me of days gone by.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here