Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Primo Smoked Lamb Saddle - Any Recipies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Primo Smoked Lamb Saddle - Any Recipies?

Hi,

Planning on smoking one or two 5lb lamb saddles on my Primo XL...can't seem to find any recipies online or guides on smoking a lamb saddle...anyone done a lamb saddle on the Primo? Any recipies, tricks, techniques?

Was going to salt the night before, add spices and olive oil before smoking, smoke at around 225 degrees with cherry wood?

Please let me know...

Thanks!
    Duke

Just stick around someone will be here shortly to help you. 😊

Comment

Awesome! I am smoking tomorrow, so any posts would be appreciated...

Comment

Looks like it's your choice of roasting methods to 145 internal. For example: https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/f...-of-lamb-20029

or

A classic Easter favourite, this saddle of lamb is stuffed with crunchy shallots, garlic and pancetta for a depth of flavour guaranteed to please your guests

And if you can roast it inside, you can roast it outside!

Comment

Your approach sounds fine and the recipes EdF posted look good, except the 145 degree temp. IMO: Lamb saddle (loin) would be much better at 130F. Enjoy!

Comment

• Spinaker
            Spinaker commented
            Editing a comment
            Extra rare!!

• EdF
            EdF commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm actually with you on that, though I'd probably do 135 so as not to frighten the wife!

225 too high? I'm doing a brisket 1st at 225...how long at 130 for about a 6lb saddle?

Comment

• EdF
            EdF commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm pretty sure HorseDoctor was talking about the internal temp for pulling the lamb out of the cooker, rather than the cooker temp itself.

• HorseDoctor
            HorseDoctor commented
            Editing a comment
            For sure! 130F. finish lamb temp, not cooking temp! I would probably cook at a temp closer to 300 myself, but 225 should be OK.

My humble opinion is to skip the wood smoke and bring to ~135-145 slowly, around 225.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here