Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Easter Leg of Lamb on the Weber Kettle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Easter Leg of Lamb on the Weber Kettle

Hi Gang, here are some pics of my latest cook in the Weber Kettle Premium.

Normal indirect setup, hitting stable temp of 160c/320f. Water pan under the meat, and apple wood for the smoke (all I have atm).

Lamb was Bone in 1.8KG, dry brined over night and then stuffed with garlic, rosemary and serano ham.

I think the overall cook time was 70mins which was a bit quicker than I expected, even at 160c, however hit the internal temp of 61c/142f (not everybody in my family like pink meat) so took it off ready for carving.

My goodness, the flavour was incredible, the taste of the smoke was perfect. For me I would have liked the meat a little pinker, but it was still moist thankfully.

I love my kettle !

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1112.JPG
Views:	983
Size:	161.5 KB
ID:	477739
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1111.JPG
Views:	428
Size:	103.1 KB
ID:	477740Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1113.JPG
Views:	365
Size:	134.1 KB
ID:	477741

Beautiful!!!!! 😋

Comment

I like that stuffing treatment!

Comment

Awesome smoke ring!

Comment

Fabulous!

Comment

that really makes me want to try leg of lamb!

Comment

@Deus - I was surprised at how easy/quick it was to cook... next one I do will be slower at 225f - just to compare the difference in texture/taste

Comment

Nice lookin’ hunk of lamb !!!

Comment

Lookin' Good!!!

Comment

Looks awesome!!! Stuffing a lamb with Serano ham is a new approach to me? What does that bring to the game?

Comment

Hiya horse doctor, it gives pockets of intense salty bacon flavour which goes so well with the garlic and rosemary.

So so when I say stuffed, what I mean is I cut slits in the skin and pack in pockets of ham,garlic, rosemary.

yum yum yum, talking about it makes me want to do it again. But morroco style next with spices served with homemade hummus, pomegranate seeds and flat breads.

Comment

• HorseDoctor
                        HorseDoctor commented
                        Editing a comment
                        May have to give that a try... Thanks!

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here