Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Denver Ribs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Denver Ribs

I'm reading MEAT: Everything You Need to Know and he talks about how he prefers Denver (Lamb) Ribs to Pork Spareribs. Has anyone smoked Lamb Ribs before? I thought beef short ribs were hard to find... I live about 35-40 mins from downtown Atlanta and I bet I could find a butcher within an hour radius of me who had them. I'm just wondering if it's worth it.

I have done Lamb ribs (typically called lamb breast). Picture Pork belly still attached to the ribs, that's how they come.
    Good eats but you really need to get the fat rendered to get to the meat.

Comment

• josht138
      josht138 commented
      Editing a comment
      He said in the book that Denver Ribs are the equivalent of spare ribs and are different from a lamb breast which includes the belly.

• Ernest
      Ernest commented
      Editing a comment
      Strange, well I stand corrected.

• josht138
      josht138 commented
      Editing a comment
      Here's what the book says:

Lamb breast is a large, flavorful cut that consists of brisket meat and rib bones. If you cut the plate, cartilage, and rib rips off the breast, you are left with a neat line of Denver ribs; they are often sold as spareribs, but if they were true spareribs they would still contain a portion of the breastbone, which would prevent you from cutting the rack into individual ribs with just a knife.

If there's been little or no demand in a region, sometimes no one will stock lamb (or veal). I bet they can order it though.

Lamb makes a very tasty meal. Ribs, Chops, etc.

Just in case anyone is missing any more exotic meats, I stumbled on this web site. Anyone tried anything from them?

USDA Venison, Buffalo Meat, Elk Steaks, Elk Meat, Bison Meat, Wild Boar, Rabbit meat, Venison meat at low ranch prices at the ELKUSA Online.

Jim

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here