Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Very Old Lamb Technique From Crete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bkhuna
    replied
    The Cretans of Sparta?

Leave a comment:

• rickgregory
    commented on 's reply
    There are many accessories for kettles. SO.... MANY...

• ecowper
    commented on 's reply
    I am trying to only feed it just enough to hold off until I can do the AZ or LSG that I really want …. And you’re not helping!!

• rickgregory
    commented on 's reply
    The Vortex isn't a new grill. It just makes your new grill better. More complete. You don't want to be... incomplete do you?

• ecowper
    commented on 's reply
    LOL stop trying to feed my MCS rickgregory

• rickgregory
    commented on 's reply
    Vortex on the new SNS grill!

Yeah rotisserie would work

• ecowper
    commented on 's reply
    Similar for sure …. I think I could get close to it with lamb and a rotisserie on the Hasty-Bake. It’s what I am planning to do.

• rickgregory
    replied
    This looks like a lamb version of how the natives here did planked salmon although not with the plank:

Click image for larger version  Name:	2e694e07eda64f025583a15b10312d06--grilled-salmon-fish-recipes.jpg Views:	0 Size:	77.3 KB ID:	1118537

If you have a kettle with a vortex, I think you could do this in miniature
    Last edited by rickgregory; November 1, 2021, 08:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ecowper
    commented on 's reply
    I did cook some lamb, but not this method. Life got in the way. Thinking it will happen in early December now. WIll definitely post about it.

• das85
    replied
    Hey ecowper has this happened yet? I want to try this but want you to try first so I can learn from your experience..

Leave a comment:

• ecowper
    commented on 's reply
    I’d love to do it old school

• ecowper
    commented on 's reply
    I think it would work well for game meat, too

• Caffeine88
    replied
    I'm very interested to see how this turns out. I love lamb, but rarely cook it. This looks like a great way to go. I'm curious if it would translate well to a Santa Maria, and perhaps wild game. Leg of venison, perhaps?

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    Didn't have any Lunch, there, but once spent a Day Trip at Copán...

Purty humblin, climbin stones laid more than 2000 yars ago...th views were equally ecstatic...I have some.110 Instamatic pics on some old HDDs, from bumfuggled ol x86 puters; might ever git published, or Not.
    Last edited by Mr. Bones; October 11, 2021, 08:26 PM.

• das85
    replied
    So if I'm reading this right.. The idea is to have a fairly sizable fire and put the lamb adjacent rather than above.. So the lamb is same height as the flames from the fire but not directly over it?

If so then I guess sorta same theme as a side mounted rotisserie burner (though infinitely more awesome)?

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here