Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leg of Lamb Boneless and Butterflied

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leg of Lamb Boneless and Butterflied

I bought a 1# awhile back. Pulled out of freezer. New to me. Poked around a bit. Thought I'd reach out to the pit for recipe/cooking method ideas. Looking to do on Kettle with smoke. Rubs, marinate suggestions welcomed.

Rub with a little olive oil mixed with some chopped rosemary, garlic, S & P.
    Onto the grill on a medium heat turning regularly, hard to go wrong, I love lamb

Comment

• Jfrosty27
      Jfrosty27 commented
      Editing a comment
      +2. Keep it simple. Yummy.

• theroc
      theroc commented
      Editing a comment
      +3 The only thing I'd add is to keep an eye on it. Lamb fat will cause flare ups faster than nobody's business.

• RichieB
      RichieB commented
      Editing a comment
      theroc, I expected that. I'm using the grate height extender from SnS so it's not right over the coals. I'm also doing a grilled russet and when I go for the last stage skin side up direct it helps not burn the potato. Not that I've ever done that. 🤫

Thanks! I'll be doing this but using GrapeSeed oil (high smoke point). And going to dry brine for a couple of hours. Going for I.T. of 130. Hope to get some pictures to share.

Comment

Trim out most all of the visible fat and gristle. There's more than enough fat inside the tissue. It's the fat that drips off of the fat and heats up the gives the off-putting smell and flavor that many folks don't like.

Comment

• RichieB
        RichieB commented
        Editing a comment
        I wasn't going to do that but took your suggestion and did Bkhuna. When I started trim back a bit on the fat, I was able to grab it pull it right off like the membrane on BBR's. Thanks!

About to do a leg of lamb today along with other recyclable parts of animals. Will post some pics later.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here