Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just don't know how to do it....Goat Roast...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just don't know how to do it....Goat Roast...

What started out as a cabrito (15lb kid goat) roast for my wife, kid, a friend and his wife and his 2 boys, has turned into an all out old fashioned Mississippi throwdown. I now have around 20 set to show to "see" the goat roast. So, without further adue, tomorrow morning I'll prep, start roasting the goat around noonish...along with 2 slabs of st. louis style ribs, a rack of beef ribs (my favorite), and an extra large pork loin, and a turkey breast on the BGE for the squeamish. I'll be using my Meadow Creek PR42 for the cabrito and ribs. Picks will follow in the morning and throughout the day. I am about to go marinate my goat in some milk overnight, to insure that it retains adequate moisture and remove some of the "gaminess" for my pregnant wife, who suddenly can smell a gnat poot in a tornado in the next county. Wish me luck.
    Last edited by Jerod Broussard; August 29, 2015, 07:39 PM.

Looks like you have a great cook in progress, best of luck!

Post some pics if you have time.

Comment

I'd love to see pics of this. My son is insisting on goat again for our annual Christmas Parade party.

Comment

Man I have enough difficulty keeping track of 1 - 2 items at a time, Best of Luck to You! Enjoy, Dan

Comment

Good luck. Not sure how your going to keep track of all that, but go for it. Oh yea, pics of the cook and you pulling out your hair. LOL

Comment

@dereklhall

"remove some of the "gaminess" for my pregnant wife, who suddenly can smell a gnat poot in a tornado in the next county."

I got a good chuckle out of that statement.😎

Good luck on your cook.

Comment

Friends....hmmmmph!!! Well, I was supposed to get some prep help this morning, but I guess my old buddy can't tell time. Anyway, I prepped myself and was late getting everything on. Here are some picks. I am roughly 2.5 hours into the cook at this point. Holding a steady 235 temp.

Comment

This is so interesting! I wish the photos were larger.

Kathryn

Comment

Oh no, I think the pic bug got him David Parrish

Comment

• David Parrish
                    David Parrish commented
                    Editing a comment
                    We got rid of that. I think he just posted tiny pics.

Hope it all works out dereklhall, sounds like a fun afternoon.

Comment

Looks good, look forward to seeing how this turns out.

Comment

First goat roast was a success. I am really impressed with the Meadow Creek Pig Roaster. So far, everything we have done has been excellent.

Comment

I am posting pics from my photo stream...what gives?

Comment

dereklhall If you're at a desktop, try uploading your pics via the "upload attachment" icon, the clipboard looking icon. Then you can place them into your post and it doesn't require opening the lightbox to view them larger.

Comment

Tiny pics, but it looks amazing! Nice outdoor kitchen as well.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here