Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sous Vide Leg of Lamb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sous Vide Leg of Lamb

It seems like there is a wide range of views on how long to sous vide a boneless leg of lamb. Kenji says up to six hours for medium but other sites say 8+ or even 24 hours.

I am leaning towards 6 hours at 136 then sear at 700 for a minute or two a side.

Any experiences or opinions to share?

opinion (no experience on this one) - 6-8 hours should be fine. Long SV times are for tenderness as far as I can tell and leg of lamb doesn't need that in the way that chuck or brisket, say, does. You want it there long enough that the entire thing reaches the target temp which the 6-8 hour time should do just fine.

Oh and. 136 is too low. 136.5 would be better

Comment

• Old Glory
      Old Glory commented
      Editing a comment
      Agreed. Thickness is also a factor determining time in the bath.

At first, I was going to go on the lamb and make a lame joke, Bah I say, then I clicked on the link.
    That is some Serious Eats.
    So thank you for the suggestion. Adding it to my to-do list. Mint Jelly with that Leg-O-Lamb for me.
    Happy Grilling to you and PBR too.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here