Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SMOKED SHOULDER LAMB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SMOKED SHOULDER LAMB

Hi all,
    could you help me about the right way to cook a perfect smoked shoulder lamb on a gas grill?
    Thanks everyone

I always like lamb cooked medium-rare, so I would reverse sear it. Start the cook indirect, using wood chips (I also throw some rosemary branches on) for smoke flavor until the temp is 120 F or so. Then finish it by searing over direct heat for a few minutes. Works well on a gas or any other type of grill.

Comment

Welcome Fabio, I hope these help you.

Leg of lamb: https://amazingribs.com/tested-recip...eg-lamb-recipe

Adapting a gas grill for smoking: https://amazingribs.com/more-techniq...aintenance-and

Comment

I've done shoulder a couple of times following this recipe and it's turned out great:

https://amazingribs.com/tested-recip...amb-and-mutton

I used the "dolly" rub that's linked to in the above recipe.

Photos from one of the cooks:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-2873.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	145.9 KB
ID:	1010357Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-2897.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	120.8 KB
ID:	1010358Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-2928.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	144.2 KB
ID:	1010356Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-2932.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	1010359
        Last edited by gboss; March 29, 2021, 04:41 PM. Reason: Edit: added photos

Comment

I’ve done a couple just like I do Boston Butts at 225. I haven’t been a fan of lamb, but really enjoyed the shoulder.

Comment

Medium rare in a boneless leg of lamb, cooked on my pellet grill, served with mint jelly, Very good.
            BTW, pairs well with PBR
            Happy grilling to you.

Comment

I would not do a shoulder medium rare. Personally, I think they need the time and temp to soften them up.

Comment

• Stuey1515
                Stuey1515 commented
                Editing a comment
                100%, you can get away with MR leg but I agree, a shoulder needs to see some temp to get tender, great flavour though!!

Thanks all

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here