Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beef sausage recipe.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beef sausage recipe.

I get real good smoked beef sausage at Texas BBQ places but now I want to make my own. Anyone have a good recipe for this?

I make a texas jalapeno and beef sausage that is wonderful. I don’t have the recipe with me right now but will try to remember to post it up. It’s mainly brisket with some fat back, jalapeños and black pepper. I’ve posted about it here on the board a few times.

Comment

I posted a simple Texas beef sausage recipe here: https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...sausage-recipe

Meathead posted this one awhile back - looks good but I haven't tried it yet: https://amazingribs.com/tested-recip...smoked-sausage

barelfly I'm interested in your recipe as well.

Comment

Always down fer some Hot Guts, taste of Home!

Betcha texastweeter has a good receipt fer makin some...

Followin, with Great interest... ​​​​​​​

Comment

Me too.

Comment

Alright, I checked my recipe book and I don’t have it in there. It’s somewhere In the house. let me check with my buddy who I’ve made these with. He has to have it. I’ll post soon. We found it on the interwebs but made some changes to it.

I’ll be back....in my best Arnold voice.

Comment

Ok - here’s the recipe. Like I said, I found this on the interwebs but don’t know what site it was. We’ve made it a few times and added jalapeño and pepper to bring more flavor out. But this is really good - we were trying to emulate Rudy’s jalapeno sausage and we feel this is pretty close to what they serve but is better because we made it!! Just make sure your #1 cure is measured to what you need/use for your meat measurements.

mad mike58limited
              HawkerXP Mr. Bones
              Hope you guys like this!

8.5 lb beef brisket
              1.5 lb pork shoulder
              2.2 oz coarse Kosher salt
              1t. cayenne pepper
              About 3.5 T. coarse black pepper
              14 grams cure #1
              1.5 cups of water mixed with 2 oz dry milk powder
              Made 29 5-6” sausages. Tough to “twist into links. Maybe don’t fill so tight?
              Medium grind. Freeze between grindings. Be careful not to twist casings on the stuffing tube.
              Air dried in refrigerator overnight
              Smoked for 3 hours, low temp smoke so fat doesn’t melt.
              Vacuum sealed and Sous Vide @ 155* for 1 hour - my buddy vac sealed, I just cooked in water
              Ice bath to shock and stop cooking.
              Bloomed by sitting out at room temperature for a couple of hours. Vacuum sealed and froze

Notes for next batches -
              Add more black pepper (up to 6 T ?)
              Add garlic (fresh or powdered)
              Batch #1 used about 3/4 lb of roasted, peeled, seeded jalapeño. Could have used a little more.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                Mr. Bones commented
                Editing a comment
                Many thanks fer sharin!

• Skip
                Skip commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks for posting this recipe. I'm saving it in my sausage notes.

• barelfly
                barelfly commented
                Editing a comment
                Troutman here you go

Here’s a photo of the end product. I posted about these a few times in the past, but it must have been in the Show us thread that.....well, you know.

Click image for larger version

Name:	F089FD1D-07A8-405A-BC68-9B0E6F4D6E0E.jpeg
Views:	204
Size:	117.1 KB
ID:	961237

Comment

• bbqLuv
                bbqLuv commented
                Editing a comment
                I could start at one end of the links and eat my way through the last link.

Here's a recipe for mild smoked beef sausage that I like. It was originally based on this. It has been modified mainly by adding the thyme, chipotle and buttermilk powder. We made a 3 pound batch to test out whether it could be stuffed with our grinder instead of the actual stuffer. (Son's wife is getting him a KA grinder/stuffer attachment and I wanted to see if the grinder could do a reasonable stuffing job.) Anyway, didn't take any pictures, but took one of the leftover from the fridge before it ended up as lunch.

Click image for larger version  Name:	full recipe.JPG Views:	0 Size:	82.7 KB ID:	961524
              Click image for larger version  Name:	single.jpg Views:	0 Size:	108.2 KB ID:	961522
              Click image for larger version  Name:	sandwich.jpg Views:	0 Size:	78.8 KB ID:	961523

By the way, stuffing using our LEM Big Bite stuffed OK, but it's not a Kitchenaid attachment. If anybody has any experience with stuffing using the stainless steel Kitchenaid attachment, I'd love to hear what you have to say.
              Last edited by johnec00; December 23, 2020, 07:05 PM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here