Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And it begins!! Deer sausage season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love what you do my friend. Loving the this thread. Loving full trucks!! Loving your full employment through HARD WORK!!

Way to handle that business!!

I am a quantity foods guy but this is in a whole other league.

Loving all the pictures.

Stay safe brother.

Comment

• Backroadmeats
      Backroadmeats commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks homey.. I have some damn good help. A couple of young ladies showed up a few months ago looking for a job ,. Both wearing jeans and cowboy boots so I thought what the hell I have hired a few guys to help but they don't work near as hard as these ladies do.. I have another truck loaded up right now with 200 lbs of sticks and hot dogs tht we stuffed this morning,. And the two ladies already have all the brats and summer sausage sliced and vacuum sealed!! They did over 400 lbs in 5 hrs!

• Backroadmeats
      Backroadmeats commented
      Editing a comment
      You stay safe too. I saw you are dealing with some personal/professional struggles of your own.. keep your head up!! Things will get better!! Thinking of ya up here in mn!!

• HouseHomey
      HouseHomey commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow! 5 hours? I’m not worthy. Thanks for the kind words. I’m like a cat, I always land on my feet. Broken but not defeated.

Well we are back at it! This is the end of the venison I have in the freezer.first pic is 250 lbs of sticks and 30 lbs of jalapeno cheddar hot dogs. Second on is 150 lbs of hot dogs that went in yesterday morning. I also smoked 250 lbs of various summer sausage yesterday but forgot to take a picture so here it is resting in the cooler. Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210227_122901842.MP.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	996352Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210227_123222405.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	105.7 KB
ID:	996353Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210227_143249448.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	996351Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210227_143238930.MP.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	996350

Comment

• gcdmd
      gcdmd commented
      Editing a comment
      The Keystone is a nice touch. Is it to celebrate the end of the project or to keep you going during?

• Backroadmeats
      Backroadmeats commented
      Editing a comment
      Haha! A little of both. After putting all the summer sausage in the cooler we realized we buried the beer,. Had to take some of it back out and get the beer in the front so we could get to it

Hot dogs are done!! 100 lbs of brats back in the smoker and the last 50 lbs of hot dogs! Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210227_152032057.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	996396Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210227_152035986.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	89.7 KB
ID:	996397

Comment

Great thread and pictures. I'm planning to make my own snack sticks/summer sauage and brats. Would you be willing to share your brat and summer sausage receipes like when you shared the snack stick recipe.

A few questions:
      -what cut of meat are you using for the pork in the 50/50 snack stick mix. I recently purchased 30 lbs of pork butt and was thinking of using it in a 70 vension/30 pork ratio?
      -are the 25# batches total weight, or 25# of meat plus the ingredients?

Thanks!
      -

Comment

• Backroadmeats
        Backroadmeats commented
        Editing a comment
        I buy all my seasoning from p&s seasonings for brats I would recommend the blue ribbon polish kielbasa. I have uses pork butts before .. I use a 50/50 pork to venison ration , it just makes a better brat. My batches are 25 lbs of meat plus the seasoning packet ,. 2 cups milk powder and 2 cups water. I can get the numbers off my seasoning packets if ya would like. Google p&a seasonings and check out all the seasoning they have. Any other questions let me know!!

I certainly would appreciate the numbers off your seasoning packets.

Comment

Do you stair step your pit temps for your meat sticks? If, so what times and temps do you use?

Comment

• Backroadmeats
          Backroadmeats commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes I do. I do 140 for two hours with dampers wide open and full smoke. Then I shut off smoke and bump to 160 for an hour. Then I go to 173 until the sticks reach IT of 160. Hope that helps

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here