Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Biltong anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Biltong anyone?

I have not made biltong, but I thought some here might be interested. First link is a blog post by the member of a different forum, and the second is a link to the BiltonMate.

BiltongMate includes everything you need to successfully make biltong. Even the hooks and spices are included - just add the meat!

Make delicious biltong right at home with your very own BiltongMate! Each BiltongMate comes complete with: a biltong spice sampler pack so that you can start making biltong right away! a set of large meat hooks for making biltong slabs a set of small meat hooks for making biltong sticks ("stokkies") The free sampler pack includes 6oz of each of our 4 different spice mixes, so that you can find your favorite! The BiltongMate is compact enough to fit conveniently on your kitchen counter, yet large enough to create up to 9 large slabs of biltong per batch. Its footprint is just under 12" x 12". Its height is 15". The BiltongMate's patent pending design features a removable base so that the entire frame may be lifted off it using the provided handles, for quick and easy cleaning of the base, even while the BiltongMate is fully loaded. Proudly made in the USA. Manufactured with high quality FDA compliant food grade acrylic panels with a USDA and NSF certified HDPE base and stainless steel fixtures. The supplied wall power adapter is for use in the USA. However, it may be used with any voltage from 100V to 240V, making it suitable for use in other countries with a voltage in that range, using a plug adapter when necessary (not supplied). International Shipping Available!

Its on sale!

Comment

I make a fair amount of biltong and one of the rules is never to use vac sealed meat to make biltong. This I was told many moons ago and I don't have an answer why it is so 😊

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here