Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Hot Dog I've Ever Had

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Hot Dog I've Ever Had

I love hot dogs. I've eaten many good hot dogs and some I'd rather not mention.

Yesterday I had my first Feltman's Hotdog. It was transplendent. Why did it take 63 years for me to stumble across them, these weenies of the gods?

Last edited by Bkhuna; August 2, 2020, 04:38 AM.

Wow, those do look good. Coney Island variety too, my favorite! I will have to check them. out. Thank you for the rec!

Comment

That's pretty high praise. Gonna have to try them

Comment

Looks like they're available at our local Publix. May just give them a try next weekend.

Comment

• Bkhuna
          Bkhuna commented
          Editing a comment
          I saw them at Publix the first time yesterday. Funny, there were 8 dogs in a 12.8 oz package. Strange. But the flavor.... I'll buy some and freeze them. I figure that Publix will drop them next time they do a re-set. I may have to start ordering online. Damn the cost...full weenie ahead.
          Last edited by Bkhuna; August 2, 2020, 07:54 AM.

Looks great. Which type did you have?

Comment

Oh man, you just had to do it, Bkhuna , start me on a mission to Publix to find that dog.

We had Porter Road Beef hot dogs last night. Not a fan. We so seldom have hot dogs that the treat was ruined by the unusual flavor--not bad, just not as soul-satisfying as a good hot dog can be. Give us Vienna, Ball Park, or Nathan's instead.

It'll be fun to give Feltman's a try, Bkhuna. Thanks!

Kathryn

Comment

• Bkhuna
            Bkhuna commented
            Editing a comment
            Vienna have always been my favorite. My Publix carried them for a few months when they first opened buy then stopped.

Feltman's are now my top-dog. Strange packaging, but wonderful flavor. I actually ate one sans bun and toppings and enjoyed it.

Looks Grand!

Comment

Thanks for giving me something to do this morning. I found 2 groceries in my area that carry them. They are both Fresh Market stores. I went to one of them and bought two packages. Going to try these with friends this week.

Comment

Yesterday I had my first Feltman's Hotdog. It was transplendent. Why did it take 63 years for me to stumble across them, these weenies of the gods?

.[/QUOTE]

Wow! transplendent and weenies of the gods. Dogs are not my favorite but now I want to try one.

Comment

Just ordered the 3 pack of the original with casing. We’ll see how well it does being shipped to the West Coast. Questions: which version did you buy t? did you smoke, grill or bake ‘em?
                Last edited by GolfGeezer; August 2, 2020, 04:25 PM.

Comment

• Bkhuna
                  Bkhuna commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I had the natural casing. I grilled them.

Thanks for the lead Bkhuna. Shows available at Whole Foods. Next trip there going to take a look.

Comment

Just ordered the BBQ in a Box. Can't wait! Never had these and always looking for a good dog.

Comment

I love hot dogs but I don’t care for all-Beef hot dogs. I like a pork beef blend. I love Sahlen’s natural casing hot dogs that are made in Buffalo NY and Walnut Creek natural casing hot dogs that are made in central Ohio where I live.

Comment

• fzxdoc
                      fzxdoc commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I prefer a pork/beef blend as well. That's what we grew up eating.

That said, for a couple of brands, I'll go all beef because they're that good.

Kathryn

• Parkin
                      Parkin commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Big Sahlen's fan here...we have a Ted's not too far from here down in Tempe, where we can pick them up. Definitely interested in trying some of the Feltman's

Looks great. I have been going with Nathan's brand which are good as well. Will give these a try!

Comment

How did I not know this little bit of history. I lived for many years a stones throw from Coney Island. Spent many summer days at the beach there, will have to order some.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here