Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chicago Dog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schwyy
    commented on 's reply
    Off topic, but Sandy, as we are Friend in the Pitmaster Club, we are foes on Sundays in the Fall. I'm a Jets fan. You will be happy to know that last night I had a dream that the Bills beat the Jets in the opener and I was extremely pissed at Adam Gase. And Darnold played awful.

Hope that cheers you up!

• FireMan
    replied
    A Chicago Dog is a Chicago Dog. There is no such thing as a "any way ya like it" thing. I once went to a street vendor in Milwaukee. He had his little stand & there was a sign listing his offerings. One of the listed items was a Chicago Dog, so, I ordered one. He looked at me & asked me what I wanted on it? Silence proceeded, a few seconds went by & I repeated, very slowly, "I....would....like.... a....Chicago.....Dog..... in my best Jim Ignatowski impression. The little guy speedily chirped back once again "what a ya want in it”? I walked away.

Leave a comment:

• Schwyy
    replied
    Thanks to the Midwesterners for helping this Northeasterner out!

P.S.

Not that anybody asked, but....Flat top griddled, saurkraut, and spicy brown mustard!!!

Leave a comment:

• Schwyy
    commented on 's reply
    Ok, so just eat them whole. Got it!

• FireMan
    commented on 's reply
    Yup, it’s a piece of what makes it a Chicago dog.

• ssandy_561
    replied
    In my opinion Chicago has ruined two foods I love.

Pizza and Hot Dogs

That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.

😝

Leave a comment:

• texastweeter
    replied
    Ask for extra, and pop one in your mouth with every bite.

Leave a comment:

• HouseHomey
    replied
    I discard all peppers on any cured meats.

Leave a comment:

• Red Man
    replied
    I’ve had a bunch and don’t remember ever having a stem I had to remove. I just eat them as served, on the hot dog.

Leave a comment:

• Jfrosty27
    replied
    As I am right down the road, I have had maybe 1,000 or more Chicago dogs. Ya think I like them? Bottom line on the peppers: Any way you like. The peps are considered optional. Personally, i eat them on the doggy, as served by the vendor. Yum.
    Last edited by Jfrosty27; July 9, 2020, 08:00 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Schwyy
    started a topic Chicago Dog

Chicago Dog

As a lifelong New Englander, who has only had a Chicago dog twice, I have to ask, how do you eat the sport pepper? do you eat it with the dog, stem and all? do you eat it separately and discard the stem? do you de-stem and reapply to the dog?

let me know windy city pitmasters!!!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here