Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chicago Dog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jared49
    commented on 's reply
    Yup, yup, yup!!

• Huskee
    replied
    I'm an uninformed dolt. Never had a Chicago dog, would try it but I won't go out of my way. But I made a killer chili cheese dog the other night if anyone cares:

bottom of warmed up bun - chili w/ onions
    then Koegel skinless vienna, plumped up on the pellet grill just right
    queso cheese on top of dog (my son's idea, and way better in this application than shredded cheese)
    more chili
    crumbled up nacho cheese doritos
    diced onions

The kids raved. They were outstanding, like something you'd order out and be happy paying for.

Leave a comment:

• FireMan
    commented on 's reply
    Yes, crazy is informed! Aren’t you glad ya started this. You are now a better person for it. 🕶

• barelfly
    replied
    Fun read....from a guy in the southwest that has only made a version of Chicago Dogs.

Leave a comment:

• barelfly
    commented on 's reply
    Who puts ketchup on anything but French fries, anyways???

• barelfly
    commented on 's reply
    732am and this topic drew me in....the photo has me wanting a Chicago dawg for breakfast!

• Troutman
    commented on 's reply
    See how crazy this is, depending on the neighborhood even Chicagoans don’t agree on what to put on a dog. Where’s the neon relish? I gotta have mine all the way, drug thru the garden or it ain’t my true version.

• barelfly
    commented on 's reply
    Better not be any of that canned sauerkraut either!

• Schwyy
    replied
    Troutman with all the information on this post, i think it's safe to say i have graduated to INFORMED DOLT!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Schwyy
    commented on 's reply
    RichieB if i told you the story of why i am cursed as a jets fan, Meathead would ban me for violating terms of service by depressing the entire club. its the worst!

• Bkhuna
    commented on 's reply
    I wish Vienna franks were available down in my part of Florida. You would think with all the retirees down here we could find them in stores.

• Bkhuna
    commented on 's reply
    Each one a viable option. I've eaten dogs in many regions (including the PI, but let's not go there right now) and there's something to be said for almost all of them.

• troymeister
    commented on 's reply
    @Arsenial Gene and Judes(one of the Chicago area's oldest Hot Dog joints) doesn't serve with a pickle either.

Regarding Pickles, The theory is: Back in the day...The Hot Dog stands that had Italian influence did not serve with pickles. The Hot dog stands with Jewish influence did....Keep in mind the Jewish and Italian influence often overlapped....So go figure...lol

I'm thinking most people eat the pickle separately anyway.

• Arsenlael
    commented on 's reply
    SEE!!! NO PICKLE!!!

• Arsenlael
    commented on 's reply
    I'm saying that straight-up looks like a rogue pickle. It looks like it doesn't belong. An interloper, I say!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here