Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hot dogs around the world!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hot dogs around the world!

A handy Hot Dog Style Guide Visualizing the Different Ways People Eat Hot Dogs Around The World

They got Chile wrong, though. In Chile they cut up hot dogs and serve them on buttered spaghetti.

Love this. Makes me want to open a hot dog joint.

Comment

The Tijuana and Sonora dogs are what led to the L.A. dog: bacon wrapped, with onions, green & red bell peppers, jalapenos, chopped tomato, cilantro, avocado, mayo & ketchup. I skip the jalapeno and tomato and I add mustard and use all 3 condiments in the skillet when cooking the onions & peppers.

The Dodger Dog is from Dodgers Stadium in L.A.

Comment

We don't eat dogs in Idaho like the one shown here, although it looks like a good idea. We eat regular old hot dogs like every one else... BUT there is a huge contingent of Corn Dog lovers in Idaho... where are the Corn Dogs on that list, did I just miss them?

Darn... I could go for a Corn Dog right about NOW!

Comment

Pronto Pup corn dogs... thats what I'm Talkin' 'bout!

Click image for larger version

Name:	prontopup.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	17.2 KB
ID:	86918

Notice the mustard SLATHERED on it! YUM!

Comment

Wow that look's yumeee....

Comment

There was a hot dog restaurant in Sedona that we went to last year on vacation. I think the guy was from Peru, his hot dogs were by far the best I ever had. It was located in a micro brewery, so all the better. Bizarre combinations with unique ingredients. What more could one want?

Comment

Sorry about digging this thread up... but here is a vid of some guy walking around Chicago asking people if they use ketchup on their hot dogs.... heh heh

Comment

And they would be correct! Im headed over there tomorrow. I may have to make a vid myself.

Thanks for the inspiration smarkley
                  Last edited by Jon Solberg; July 25, 2015, 02:34 PM.

Comment

• smarkley
                    smarkley commented
                    Editing a comment
                    this is gonna be good!

LOVE sliced up hot dog in mac 'n cheese.

Comment

• smarkley
                    smarkley commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I like that little girl... 'You have to ask???"

Give me an old fashioned chili dog. Beef hot dog with chili, mustard, and onions

Comment

not exactly on sub but still nice to know .The best DOGS in Delaware are to be enjoyed at the DOG HOUSE in Wilmington De. On Rt 13 about a 1/4 mi south of 95on north bound side of rd.YUMMMMMM

Comment

Been in Seattle 44 years and never saw a dog, or a brat as shown in this post.

Comment

Seems like some of the city/state names are more inspired by the city rather than what the residents eat. Because OF COURSE Idaho would eat it in a potato right? (Ya'll are crazy in northern Idaho, btw, getting mad at me for saying you're famous for potatoes and insisting it's for Lima beans...). And of course Georgia is a hot mess (what the hell is happening to that dog?)

Can confirm though the Peru dog is 100% correct. It's called Salchipapas and it's delicious because the dog is deep fried (usually, I think? It seems like it anyway) with the fries. Best drunk food ever.
                        Japadog really needs to be in here though tbh

Comment

• smarkley
                          smarkley commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I live in Idaho and have never ever seen a hotdog wrapped in a potato... All the crazies live in Northern Idaho... hahahaha

I think that Guatemala dog looks good BTW

Great post Mosca !

I'll probably "snip" the graphic and "drop it" on the iPhone.

Thanks!

--Ed

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here