Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Before I royally screw up this kielbasa...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Before I royally screw up this kielbasa...

Following Ballistic BBQ recipe (which I’ve done before), I want to make kielbasa, but I want to add some high temp cheese to the recipe.

is that ok? Cheesey kielbasa? Sounds good to me. But am I screwing it up with a cured sausage and then add cheese?
    Attached Files

Backroadmeats this is your area of expertise.

Comment

I'm trying to think of a cured sausage with cheese inside and I am not coming up with one, but that doesn't mean they don't exist. Best I could think of is one of those loaf-style deli meats.

Comment

It’s either I add cheese tomorrow, or not. It’s curing overnight right now.

I was thinking a cheddarwurst type of recipe. But with kielbasa. Maybe I’m totally down the wrong path and I’m just gonna go straight kielbasa tomorrow 😆

Comment

Heck yes add cheese!! To me cheese is like garlic ,. It mak s everything better. Just make sure it is a hi-temp cheese or it will all melt out during the smoking process.

Comment

• scottranda
            scottranda commented
            Editing a comment
            Cool! I’ll add cheese today!!

• Backroadmeats
            Backroadmeats commented
            Editing a comment
            scottranda what kind of cheese are you going to add?? Did you follow that recipe exactly I see alot of people not use the milk powder?? It will help retain moisture. I use it in all my smoked sausages just my 2 cents.. ohh and let's see some pics!!

• scottranda
            scottranda commented
            Editing a comment
            High temp cheddar cheese. I’m following the recipe to a tee. Milk powder is already in the meat! I’m stuffing it soon. Smoking this afternoon!

I’m still hoping I didn’t screw it up, but it all went pretty smooth! I’ll do a taste test tomorrow!

I was actually surprised I used most all of the cooking grate space. My smoker is huge, and didn’t think I’d ever fill it up!
          Attached Files

Comment

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            Great Pics, that looks like a very happy cooker, Brother!

• Backroadmeats
            Backroadmeats commented
            Editing a comment
            So how were they??

Looking good!!

Comment

Backroadmeats delicious!!! I had them as patties this morning for breakfast.

those smoked ones are in the freezer. Haven’t tried yet, but man I bet they’re good.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here