Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the Best Braunschweiger?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve B
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks for the info Dave.

• DaveP
    commented on 's reply
    I was checking on the internet and found this for Aldi. I know they protect their sources very tightly so I don’t know how true this is. It is from a website I have not heard of before so reliability is questionable.

"Deutsche Kuche" (translator: "German cuisine") is the brand name they cooked up for some of their lunch meats and sausages. Their braunschweiger (liverwurst) is made for them by Washington, Missouri based Frick Meats.”

I

• DaveP
    replied
    Steve B It is Aldi brand "Deutsche Küche Braunschweiger". I just finished my tube so I don’t have the wrapper. I also find if you slice what you want and let it warm a bit )other than straight out of the refrigerator) it tastes a lot better. When it is cold it is almost like you can feel the fats. Just a few minutes after slicing is fine. I hope you enjoy it.

Leave a comment:

• SullysSassySauce
    commented on 's reply
    Yes the onions and mustard between to pieces of marble rye. My uncle Jon loved ketchup on it. Not so much me.

• SullysSassySauce
    commented on 's reply
    Oscar Mayer produces a decent product. Don’t count that out.

• Steve74
    replied
    Koegels from Flint MI. Is my favorite.

Leave a comment:

• HawkerXP
    commented on 's reply
    A nice spicy brown I hope

• Murdy
    commented on 's reply
    I'm going to have to keep an eye out for Fricke's and Bakalar's. Ive been getting Old Wisconsin brand around here, which is ok, but not great.

• Steve B
    commented on 's reply
    Was it an Aldi brand? If not do you remember what brand it is?

• Steve B
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks for your review. I gotta see if any of these are available near me.

• Steve B
    commented on 's reply
    Don’t forget the onions. 😁

• Steve B
    commented on 's reply
    Whoa. I don’t think I know anyone other than us, my family, refer to their grandma as Oma.
    Nice. 👍

• OmegaDog12
    replied
    In South Carolina, most grocery stores sell Oscar Mayer brand. Boar's Head is sold in Publix Grocery and occasionally can find John Morell. Ole Timey Meat Market (a local butcher) sells some that is really good
    The OmegaDog

Leave a comment:

• Troutman
    commented on 's reply
    I stand corrected !!

• DaveP
    replied
    I love the stuff. The best I have found recently is at Aldi and the price is very good. Friends from Germany where I had some awesome braunschweiger liked the sausage I bought from Aldi better than theirs.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here