Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Summer Sausage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Summer Sausage

Hello all. I’m preparing summer sausage for the second time. I’m looking for input regarding When to add all the spices to the ground mix.

1. Should I grind meat once add the salt and pink salt, grind again, then let rest for up to three days in fridge, and then add the remaining spices before stuffing and smoking?

2. Or should I grind the meat once, add all the spices to include salt and pink salt, and then refrigerate for up to three days before stuffing and smoking?

Thanks!
    Last edited by jghorton; December 18, 2019, 12:57 PM.

Not right on point, but I have made Andouille sausage once using HouseHomey's recipe. He grinds it and seasons it and stuffs it before the fridge, and he holds it one night. It is an excellent recipe, and I would think the technique would apply to your summer sausage too. On the other hand, I am wrong a lot...

https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...sausage-recipe

Comment

• Backroadmeats
      Backroadmeats commented
      Editing a comment
      Yup! This is what I would do too.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here