Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

That's a bunch of baloney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's a bunch of baloney

Who knew smoked bologna was a thing? The que community, that's who.

Ingredients:

2 to 10 lbs. of meat. Size does not matter.

Your fave rub. I use Billy Bones Competition and Regular, depending on what I have the most of in the cabinet.

Recipe:

1. Quarter your clod o' meat
    2. Score your quarter (s) for the presentation factor
    3. Rub your clod
    4. Use indirect and heat to 140 to 160 (the meat is edible cold, fer cryin' out loud)
    5. Use direct heat for bark & mark if you desire

When I Google 'smoked bologna' I'm told this is an Oklahoma thing, served as a side all over the state.

Attached Files

And I thought you were talkin' about Spinaker

Comment

I was reading somebody's blog post recently and the pitmaster/author was carving names into the side of the bologna. Like if it was a wedding 'que, he'd carve the bride's name into one sausage and groom's name into another. Plus more diamond scored ones without names. Looked like making smoked bologna was a big deal for his biz.

Comment

I have meaning to smoke some bologna. I need to come up with a plan. Years ago in my hometown they used to sell garlic bologna. It was great on crackers. I’ll bet it would have been off the charts smoked.

Comment

When I was a young tyke, my dad would fire up his vintage Hasty Bake to to cook meats for the whole family. My grandfather had issues chewing some meats, so he always got a pound or so of bologna. I usually added some to my plate just because with a touch of smoke and some sauce, this was always tasty.

Comment

I smoke ring bologna from Slovacks

Comment

Smoked and then fried on a baloney sandwich is hard to beat.

Comment

• Bkhuna
                Bkhuna commented
                Editing a comment
                Smoked, fried, sauces and served with mustard slaw on a squishy white bun.

What a bunch of bologna

(couldn’t help myself)

Comment

From the Newfoundlander's on here Bologna would be a Newfie steak.
                Not always smoked but cut thick and fried.

Comment

Good smoked bologna is as easy as falling off a log. Get Boars Head bologna then slice it in half lengthwise. Score it then apply Memphis dust, smoke at 250 over a little apple wood to an internal of about 165. I like to sauce mine near the end of the cook with a Carolina mustard sauce (I use Heinz) and leave it on the smoker to set much like you would on ribs. It's simple and good. This stuff was made to go with cold beer.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here