Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Picked up my sausage seasoning order today!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picked up my sausage seasoning order today!!

I got 120 lbs of high temp cheese, cheddar,. mozzarella and pepper jack. For the bologna and summer sausage I got bologna,. Venison bacon,. Summer sausage ,. Garlic summer sausage and bologna. For sticks I got honey ham, snack sticks,. Thai BBQ,. 7 pepper,. Chipotle wild fire. For brats I got Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191001_143539.jpg
Views:	345
Size:	140.6 KB
ID:	750349 wiener ,. Cheeseburger brat,. Mexican cheddarwirst,. Shoboygan,. French onion ,. Polish kielbasa,. And maple cheddar..

Lol, as I read this I forgot you're building a butcher shop. I was thinking holy cow this guy's into sausage and cheese, he could open a store with all that!

Comment

Very Cool Beans, indeed, Brother!

Reckon ya must already have an operational walk-in, thereabouts?

Comment

• Backroadmeats
        Backroadmeats commented
        Editing a comment
        I wish . I own two walk-in coolers and a walk in freezer but they are still in storage till I can get the building up.. put the cheese in the chest freezer and the natural casings in the garage fridge.

Cool, have fun with all that seasoning.

Comment

• Backroadmeats
        Backroadmeats commented
        Editing a comment
        I wish I was using it to make sausage right now.it would be nice for someone to write me a check for a change!!

If I find myself ever in central MN I know what place I'm stopping by... Are you ever going to offer BBQ on site?

Comment

• Backroadmeats
        Backroadmeats commented
        Editing a comment
        I can't sell BBQ legally on site.. but my pit is always smokin..I can't do retail. But I can always give away samples.. I made 750 pounds of sausage in February.. and have none left. I do have future plans but one thing at a time!!

• Backroadmeats
        Backroadmeats commented
        Editing a comment
        You give me an ETA.. I will have more flavors of brats than you can taste test . Just let me know ..

I’ll write you a check for some kielbasa. Like to test it, since nobody in this state, Wi, seems to know how to make it or is not interested.

Comment

• Backroadmeats
        Backroadmeats commented
        Editing a comment
        Finally some one wants to write me a check!! And it's fireman!! I do have a really good kielbasa seasoning.. weird enough my seasoning supplier p&s seasoning is from iron ridge Wisconsin.. their blue ribbon polish kielbasa is fabulous!!

• FireMan
        FireMan commented
        Editing a comment
        Interesting, it’s not to far from me, about 25 miles.

Let me know when you get your first batch made.
        Last edited by FireMan; October 1, 2019, 08:15 PM.

Best of luck Backroadmeats ---although I think you don't need it. Looks like lots of fun coming up for you.

Comment

• Backroadmeats
        Backroadmeats commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you for the well wishes. I appreciate it. Lots of fun and lots of long nights for deer season,. But if you are working for yourself and doing what ya love..what more can a guy ask for.. getting paid to make sausage.. it almost feels like a scam!?!?

Congrats. I think that would last Spinaker 'bout a week.

Comment

• Backroadmeats
        Backroadmeats commented
        Editing a comment
        He is a big dude.. I saw him at the mn BBQ spring training. I am not sure what surprised me more.. being completely star struck that Meathead was right in front of me or seeing the pictures Spinaker posted on here and thinking.... Damn I was within 4 feet of meathead and spinaker and just stood there like an idiot.. I never claimed to be a smart man!!

• Meathead
        Meathead commented
        Editing a comment
        Blushing...

Looks like I am getting closer to my road trip! Things are coming together! I love it, can't wait to see the new spot!

Comment

• Backroadmeats
        Backroadmeats commented
        Editing a comment
        Yup!! Bout 3 weeks..might be open..

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        I can be to your place in I'd guess 10 hrs...

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        LMK, I will make the trip! This time, allow me to introduce myself! LOL! Backroadmeats

I nominate Backroadmeats as Time man of the year!

Comment

• FireMan
        FireMan commented
        Editing a comment
        The Guess Who. ......no time left for you....

• radshop
        radshop commented
        Editing a comment
        FireMan -- that hurts my feelings. I have time for you...

• FireMan
        FireMan commented
        Editing a comment
        Aw shucks rad. 🕶

I’m going to be runnin over to P&S to check the blue ribbon kielbasa seasoning, to give it a try.

Comment

• Backroadmeats
        Backroadmeats commented
        Editing a comment
        Make sure you get the cure packet with the seasonings..

What the hell is Mexican cheddarwirst?

Comment

• Bkhuna
        Bkhuna commented
        Editing a comment
        Ain't no cheddar in Mexico.

• Backroadmeats
        Backroadmeats commented
        Editing a comment
        No you put the cheese in the brat!!😄😄 Bkhuna

• Bkhuna
        Bkhuna commented
        Editing a comment
        Backroadmeats - I was just being a brat.

Good luck on the new adventure!

Comment

That's a bunch of seasoning!

Comment

• Backroadmeats
          Backroadmeats commented
          Editing a comment
          Hopefully I use all that and more. Deer season starts a here in 36 days. So hopefully I am busy!!

• klflowers
          klflowers commented
          Editing a comment
          I have got to make some time to get up there!!!

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here