Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone Have a Tried and True Hot Links Recipe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone Have a Tried and True Hot Links Recipe?

I cruised through the sausage sub-channel for a hot links recipe, and while there were a couple in there, I did not see a tried and true version, just a few albeit interesting links (no pun intended) (okay, maybe pun a little intended). So, to my Texas Brothers and Sisters and any Texas wannabes (aren't we all) do you have a favorite hot link/hot gut recipe that y'all would be willin' ta share with a dude from The Great State of Jefferson?

Here is a pretty good and not too difficult version of Texas Hot Links shared by Bigwheel over a decade and a half ago.I think I posted it on the original forum,and then again on this newer version. Here is another shot from a forum member. posted June 12, 2014 08:59 PM Hide Post If you can't find them,here is one that might work,I posted it here many years ago.Be aware that cayenne pepper can range from 10,000 up to about 120,000 scovilles when you order it to make hot links.Don't ask how I...

Comment

• W.A.
      W.A. commented
      Editing a comment
      Its Big Wheel’s hot guts recipe. I sub some beef brisket in it.

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      Not sure if it was your old post, but I saw this one in the sub channel and copied it. I'll give it a shot, thank you!

This site has had some pretty spot on recipes for sausages in the past. I did find this in their mass of recipes. https://www.meatsandsausages.com/sau...exas-hot-links

Comment

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Don, this is very similar to what WA shared above.

I eat my weight in the often, but don't make them. I don't do well at making sausage. Doc's, slovecs, Pittsburg, or even Earl Campbell are available in big box stores here.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here