Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jerkey idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jerkey idea

Tried a "Memphis BBq" jerkey from Publix a month or so ago. flavor was pretty enjoyable, but it was nothing but bits and pieces and for est $20/lbs I figure I can do on my own. Got the Memphis BBQ rub from here and I am figuring using low sodium soy . any other suggestions?

Dragon Jerky

3 lbs top round, eye of round or London broil. I’ve been leaning towards the London broil myself lately.

1 tsp onion powder

2 tsp garlic powder

1 tbs reaper powder

2 tbs hot pepper flakes

1 tbs fresh ground pepper

1 tbs brown sugar

1 tbs kosher salt

2 tbs liquid smoke

2 tbs Reaper hot sauce

1/3 cup balsamic vinegar

1/2 cup worcestershire sauce

1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce

1/2 cup low sodium teriyaki sauce

1 tbs molasses

This is my recipe for jerky. You can substitute or omit the Reaper sauce and powder to tone down the heat.
    Good luck with your jerky making. It is fun.
    Last edited by Steve B; August 14, 2019, 08:53 PM.

Comment

• Steve B
      Steve B commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry. Ran out of space.
      At that point you should have some jerky worthy of selling to friends, family and maybe a few customers. 👊👊

• Ronaldf123
      Ronaldf123 commented
      Editing a comment
      Do you use any prague powder or any other cure? Is it needed?

• Steve B
      Steve B commented
      Editing a comment
      Ronaldf123 No. I don’t use any cures for jerky.

My go to recipe:

This is the Beef Jerky recipe that I started passing around while out on the drilling rig in South Texas. This was a bad decision as now many of the guys

Comment

my thoughts for this were as follows: 1/2 cup worchestershire, 1/2 cup low sodium soy, 2tbs Memphis bbq rub. marinate for at least 8 hrs (up to 24). pat dry then season again with the BBQ rub and smoke. thoughts and suggestions are welcome. I appreciate the suggestions

Comment

• djl
        djl commented
        Editing a comment
        Sounds good. Yes, at least 8 hours. I'd suggest at least 24 hours

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here