Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

unsmoked kielbasa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

unsmoked kielbasa

My daughter gave me some kielbasa that is seasoned but not smoked. She tried roasting it in the oven and grilling it but said it really didn't taste good. I took the rest off her hands and am going to smoke it in my stickburner. Any hints on temperature, length of time will help. Thanks

Where I hale from, Detroit, they call it fresh kielbasa. Smoking it, you’ll want to get it to 160F and the skin is somewhat hard. Don’t take it any higher or you’ll dry it out. Also, as Jim Ignatowki was instructed, slow down. Should do it slow at 4 hours.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Boy, how I do miss Reverend Jim!!!

• FireMan
      FireMan commented
      Editing a comment
      Yup, what does yellow mean.

• DiverDriver
      DiverDriver commented
      Editing a comment
      FireMan is spot on I have done brats as well as fresh kielbasa.

I usually do mine in the winter so I can get my smoker as cool as possible. Try to do it as low as you can I shoot for 190-200. Then a 150-155 meat temp. That is enough to fully cook it. I like oak or hickory or a combination of smoke.

Comment

I cook kielbasa frequently on the PBC. Couple of hours at normal PBC temps. I watch it closely as I don't want the "skin" to get too charred. Everybody who has tried this absolutely loves it so I make it quite often.

Comment

Thanks for the response guys.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here