Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ham Press

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ham Press

Just got a ham press. Does anyone have any recipes for wurst or bologna? It came with no recipes. :-[

No ham press or recipes - heck, I don't know what a ham press is - but welcome to the pit from TN

Comment

Never done that either, but welcome from Winnipeg.

Comment

Welcome from Maryland. Great place for some recipes and process is https://www.meatsandsausages.com/sausage-recipes
        I’m guessing you already have a grinder and stuffer?
        Last edited by Donw; July 21, 2019, 09:16 AM. Reason: Comedy provided by Auto Correct

Comment

Here's a video, not using a ham press though.

I wonder if he has a 'how not to use a meat grinder' video. (Sorry, I know that's cruel, but couldn't resist)

Comment

Ain't gonna even show ya th images that "Ham Press," in th vernacular of 'my time', invokes, but...

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!
          Lookin forward to learnin along with, an from ya!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from the California Delta. Sounds like some other know what you're looking for.

Comment

A ham press is usually used to form a loaf of ham scraps with some gelatin to press and hold them together to form a loaf for slicing. Been a long time since I have tasted any. You can also add other herbs and spices to the mix. Do a web search for recipes I am sure you will find some.

Comment

Here is one recipe I found for you.

Pressed & Smoked Ham - Making Cold Cuts at Home - Homemade Ham Loaf Recipe Type: Cold Meats / Cold Cuts / Cold Smoking Author: Whats4Chow Prep time: 20 mins Cook time: 3 hours Total time: 3 hours 20 mins Today we're going to make a pressed ham, then cook it gently in water bath…

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here