Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A New Look at the Hot Dog and Jalapeno

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A New Look at the Hot Dog and Jalapeno

At least for me. Rolled up on this recipe. On the radar in the near future.

Oh... hell... YESSSSSS! 😃 Genius and simple, how can you NOT do this??? Will be happening soon at my place, thanks for the recipe! 😃🙌

Comment

That sounds really good! I’ll have to try this.

Comment

My wife is taking the kids to her aunt's house tonight, which means I'm on my own for dinner. This is now at the top of my list if I decide to go cheap and quick rather than spoil myself with a nice piece of meat or fish.

Comment

Looks good but I would rather get a sear on both the jalapeno and the dog because I prefer a charred dog rather than a steamed dog. However, it would help keep the cheese in place.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P0HTRaqM23A-bGBA-Cj1YkemwZ3IVBx5eAktZbWdrudXBEhEN5pTYhLyy9HJ_BVHBjd1l5OqAhii3VWO8grQAjaEiJq6W9rsoP3aq4KSfihmg2CJFhfwfRrYhikvvrgGwPcQEUwx0VljCmRK8w2VYaN7bQwpjxAfu1tCIAJXspcRZ0Xo7xYG00w7RpgSnu_2M3jd_oAOuerYXsuHGvn8v0a8HvcfSzBkBNqnZd54bQaJIlJX59lm1827R14TcD7
Views:	163
Size:	169.6 KB
ID:	698418

Comment

• RichieB
            RichieB commented
            Editing a comment
            I thought that too. So maybe split the dog get the sear on it, then put it together with cheese and the pepper, as in the recipe. Think I might do it tonight. Weather is breaking, should be dry, but windy.

Take it one step further and bacon wrap it

Comment

• gdsim1
            gdsim1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Genius!!! 😃🙌

• CaptainMike
            CaptainMike commented
            Editing a comment
            That was my first reaction as well.

Originally posted by Troutman View Post
          Take it one step further and bacon wrap it
          Hell yes.

Name:	8sDfC53PFT679v-NDSUy5wPzMXMCbGJsGGV0SwMpbLKjfkqp53mpbt1iCmFPU_DBP3Xl9-y65l-RIzkaixi9UdoBi-_QdKeIZw230ER2ORD5O4XWBCi10dJ_9Y5J9ZzNM4wZemlWQ3FCZD-Iflyr4uM4p5NxU4qmKzMh6Bo1E2BKtrlGynz8A3dygzSRE69deIWk5dVaAPCBz9ZjI99V6MIrpl3Dmn1GA52mWfnqKF3OnoIH3Z0n7fodg0Qz7SO
Views:	170
Size:	146.4 KB
ID:	698585

Comment

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            "Houston, we have Ignition"...

Update: what happens to a hotdog when you split it and put it on the grill? It curls up and looks like a C. Now try to put a slice of cheese into the 2 slices from the hotdog and push them into a cored jalapeño. Physics is not on your side. So moral is follow the recipe as layed out the 1st time. That rings familiar from a certain person who put that in his book.
          Now the good news. I had 2 grilled dogs with cheese on a toasted bun with mustard and seasoned fries. Paired with a nice wine. Next time.

Comment

• gdsim1
            gdsim1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Not SO bad @richieb... I’ve certainly had worse fails than a yummy grilled cheesy dog! 👍

So the procedure would be, char the hot dog and hapaleno (slightly), cut dog in half lengthwise, put cheese in-between the halves, slide hapaleno over dog (split hapaleno if necessary and pin with toothpick), wrap dog+hapaleno with bacon, char bacon, serve in hotdog bun or lobster roll bun. For more cheese, melt shredded sharp cheddar on a griddle to make a cheddar cheese crisp, let cool a little but still flexible enough to be molded into bun, place dog on top of cheese.

And then top it all off with ketchup! lol

Comment

• bardsleyque
            bardsleyque commented
            Editing a comment
            ketchup on a dog?NOOOOO!!!!

Too complicated. Just grill some hot dogs and top them with cheese and grilled jalapenos.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieB View Post
            Update: what happens to a hotdog when you split it and put it on the grill? It curls up and looks like a C. Now try to put a slice of cheese into the 2 slices from the hotdog and push them into a cored jalapeño. Physics is not on your side. So moral is follow the recipe as layed out the 1st time. That rings familiar from a certain person who put that in his book.
            Now the good news. I had 2 grilled dogs with cheese on a toasted bun with mustard and seasoned fries. Paired with a nice wine. Next time.
            Nathan's hot dogs won't curl up when you split them. But they are fat so you would need huge jalapenos.
            Click image for larger version  Name:	20190606_120519.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.36 MB ID:	698947

Name:	20190606_121309.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	141.7 KB
ID:	699114
            Last edited by Attjack; June 22, 2019, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here