Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Attjack's Hot Dog Series.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do have to ask...do you actually eat these like a hot dog? Or quietly in a dark corner with a knofe and fork where no one can see what youre doing?

I cant imagine not spilling most of these all over myself.

Comment

• STEbbq
      STEbbq commented
      Editing a comment
      My man is asking the real questions!

grantgallagher I could probably fit them all in my mouth at once.

Click image for larger version

Name:	GAlh_HBIWpU-gJFcmajB50AJbjtn8EOVlvdtcaRWTJuxjFIcx7FRqaaD_i2zKMKge90TrS7B7YdMfyX1hW4GNqr_UhG0-jbjuiNVyrqPNnXzimYEEAcNDBC6vgg3AK2j7wtuQqNL8G0yuChTJVmMpOLFCkPAoYhwlbFs9Ef7R49wKKycQVVX4UasnQL3N9C8QTkwlC5A5bk8h_fg72fCX3A1Ti4FYn8_8OdaVIPk8pi1ZIryH3__m4DpcdKFO3s
Views:	256
Size:	192.9 KB
ID:	691352

Comment

• grantgallagher
      grantgallagher commented
      Editing a comment
      bwahahaha

• Mojo0209
      Mojo0209 commented
      Editing a comment
      That is a beauty!

All-beef hotdog with asparagus, harissa-mayo, lemon zest, and Wisconsin sharp cheddar on a top-split brioche bun.

Click image for larger version  Name:	7Bf-2yztqcuX7kjkvfBvnMJvswkDgu3onxv02oWvJm7wUgafvw3kblqkF_k-wPWDL5FSLTRhv4ml7aTgvliwUE0WUGg1Hv_4BO7KFPPyHUTXz2wNBL1a2ERjBh-B5s3ZUOKiI0ZDFcCmYXbEyuv9NlvMm7iC3eQbljPjGvBftlSVOHnBgBtO6yKR4U8MDGkWbMfSQkHZT5u8rbDjRc4sTJYNpYwGzesIygyekWlrQCchTmQHnOU49AdJjLLdCYj Views:	2 Size:	389.6 KB ID:	1035647

Click image for larger version  Name:	s_Cf-oBtojoKZAgkr4Z9JnjYlqz4DRGNm_8RQGzB86-Y6w3BbU_FYT5U8F1TscvdF2BSKqdV7q9M-XaOkdXewMY07B-LevUZcYpprrkqfe75hI_PzT73hybRBCS0F6rj4Q8Bh_X_SRUwjnVAr36BtlIepCw-jTmwIq5m3d99vjjjEPRq5ef2aD8B8GeRVuDLwCqH5dOcPTRQEeXMQJLGdjJlAzz0BLyRuP8z_3v6iLZGyaQaFUZQlwenlZfkFhx Views:	2 Size:	504.1 KB ID:	1035648
    Last edited by Attjack; May 24, 2021, 08:18 PM.

Comment

• FireMan
      FireMan commented
      Editing a comment
      Great lookin dog!

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      FireMan this is easily my favorite of the ones I posted on this thread.

In North Jersey, there is a unique take on the chili dog called a Texas Weiner. There are a number of hot dog joints that sell them around here and you order them "All the Way". See link for some background: https://www.nj.com/entertainment/202...cumentary.html

Comment

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      STEbbq and grantgallagher were wondering if I managed to eat those dogs I posted above without needing a shower afterwards and I did. A chili dog *might* be where I draw the line. I'm also not a sloppy joe fan.

• RichieB
      RichieB commented
      Editing a comment
      Grew up in Passaic. I left in 73'. But Rutts Hut in Clifton not getting a mention. Kinda surprised. Home of the Ripper.

So Attjack - back when you started this thread you mentioned you may get into making your own dogs. Did you ever do that, or are you still buying them? This has inspired me to pull my grinder out...it's been too long.

Comment

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      I have not attempted it. I've made sausage before and want to do that again hopefully soon. But I'm not seriously considering making hot dogs. I talked to my butcher that makes great sausage and asked if their hot dogs were house-made. He told me they had tried and failed to make good hot dogs. That sort of scared me off.

• Joey877
      Joey877 commented
      Editing a comment
      Interesting, but good to know. I've made a lot of sausages, and never figured hot dogs would be a challenge. Maybe I'll stick with kielbasa...

We have a food truck around here that makes a coney burrito. Two hot dogs, coney sauce, liquid plastic cheese and whatever other topping you want wrapped in a flour tortilla.

Comment

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      We have a food cart here that makes a sushi burrito which is mind-blowingly good.

• Michael_in_TX
      Michael_in_TX commented
      Editing a comment
      "liquid plastic cheese" It sounds like that wouldn't sound tasty, but it does because we all know exactly what you are talking about lol.

Mentioned this in another thread. Rutts Hut in Clifton has the ripper which is really good. But the best hot dog in NJ is the Italian hot dog from a place like Dickie Dee’s in Newark. There used to be a bunch of places that made them, now Dickie Dee’s may be the only place left. Pizza roll, mustard, 2 deep fried hot dogs, peppers and onions, deep fried potatoes, ketchup. See it being made. https://vimeo.com/141374029

Comment

• Jfrosty27
      Jfrosty27 commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh my. That’s awesome! Hadn’t seen that before.

Haven't looked at all the threads and posts, but I was fortunate to do a few weeks of training in Poland. The hot dogs in the gas stations and airport are the greatest. I ate several. It's a bread sleeve that is heated in a press. The bread is maybe sourdough. Not sure, but it is delicious. The sauce flavors (I think you could pick up to 2 for a standard dog) are then put in the bread sleeve, and finally the hot dog or sausage dog.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Poland Hot Dog.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	1094730

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here