Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Smoked My First Fatty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attjack About how long did the cook take? You mentioned cooking at 250 and then upping it to 300 to finish.

Comment

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      Between 2 and 3 hours. If you want a shorter cook just up the temperature. If you have time and want it in the smoker for longer lower the temp as low as 225F.

The best part about these is you can pretty much stuff them with whatever you want. They are so forgiving and so good. I love your touch on the kraut and brats. What a great way to use up leftovers! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Making one of these has been on my list.

Comment

• Attjack
        Attjack commented
        Editing a comment
        You should check that off.

• AverageJoe
        AverageJoe commented
        Editing a comment
        Do it. Super easy and I have to agree with BigCountryQ " You can stuff them with whatever you want and they are forgiving"

those pictures are amazing! I want to do that, but my wife only likes bacon that's extra extra crispy so I'm limited I wonder if one could do that with prosciutto since she will eat that not rock hard.

Comment

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
        ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
        Editing a comment
        To be clear I'm talking about the bacons underside, not the underside of the fatty. Wife likes bacon that shatters lol.

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
        ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
        Editing a comment
        Attjack ok figured it out, good enough for the wife anyway. Did a very small weave test on a "meatball" burger. So the 6 bacon strip weave went on a rack in the oven at 250 for 15 minutes, let it cool then wrapped the "meatball". I might need to play with the precook temp or time for a longer cooked item like a fatty, but the burger thing smoked for 1.5 hours before being done and the bacon was crispy enough for the wife

• Attjack
        Attjack commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice! I just opened a big pack of bacon and was thinking I'll have to figure out how to use it. So maybe I'll give it a shot.

That looks Delicious!!!

Comment

That is an awesome fatty! Looks super tasty.

Comment

That looks really,really good!!!

Comment

Attjack This is all because of you its on. We shall see how it comes out. This is how it looked up to going on the my TrailMaster
            Attached Files

Comment

• Attjack
              Attjack commented
              Editing a comment
              Looking good!

• AverageJoe
              AverageJoe commented
              Editing a comment
              this is my test cook for me to try LOL. Walked outside and you can smell the provolone and bacon all through my yard

Looks awesome. Hopefully soon I will get around to smoking a fatty like this. I have always wanted to try a breakfast fatty with bacon, breakfast sausage, potatoes, etc.

Comment

• CaptainMike
              CaptainMike commented
              Editing a comment
              Oh man, you'll love it!

Tommy Chong approves...oh wait, different sorta fatty...never mind.

That DOES look great though!

Comment

Attjack It's not nearly as artisanal as yours, but tasted fantastic. I somehow got the bacon crispy. Thanks for the inspiration.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190519_175728.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	147.2 KB
ID:	682021

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190519_210536.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	116.4 KB
ID:	682022

Comment

It looks great.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here