Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fresh Sausage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fresh Sausage

Suggestions, where to get the good stuff?

Store?

sorry

Comment

perhaps favorite places to purchase. Usually selection at Store, is smoked, I like to smoke 'Fresh' sausage. Some stores have better sausage as well

Comment

Thought about making your own?

Comment

Me personally? I slaughter a pig I raised, grind the meat, and make my own. If you aren't set up for that, I'd get a grinder and buy fresh pork and grind my own. If that is too much work, buy ground pork and mix your own spices. If you only do a few pounds at a time a hand stuffer will suffice if you want links.

Comment

• Troutman
            Troutman commented
            Editing a comment
            ....and if THAT'S too much buy a package of Oscar Meyer weiners in you favorite supermarket.

You're probably better off finding some locally. The shipped pricing is usually too high to make it worthwhile. My in laws have these as a Christmas morning tradition. https://www.edwardsvaham.com/category/smoked-sausage but we can drive an hour and get them. Lately I've been making my own in small batches though.

Comment

Have to agree. Find a local farm. That is what we do and the sausage is amazing.

Comment

I will search for local farm. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by lemayp View Post
                You're probably better off finding some locally. The shipped pricing is usually too high to make it worthwhile. My in laws have these as a Christmas morning tradition. https://www.edwardsvaham.com/category/smoked-sausage but we can drive an hour and get them. Lately I've been making my own in small batches though.
                Yes - awesome place, we have one in town.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here