Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Time Sausage Making

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FireMan
    replied
    The way I see it Barry, if Skip can do it we can do it. One of my buddies has a sausage thingie & we wuz lamenting not being able to get any decent kielbasa around here. We are now going to try it. I’ll let you know how it goes. 👍👍👍 🕶

Leave a comment:

• TripleB
    replied
    Wow, for your first time (or 10th time) those look great. Very impressive.

Leave a comment:

• Skip
    replied
    Hello Richard. I live about 2.5 Hours west of you in Blue Earth MN. I'm afraid that I too am just starting down the sausage making path and don't have a lot of advice for for you. My seasonings and Natural Hog and Sheep casings were ordered from PS Seasonings in Wisconsin upon the advice of Backroadmeats . So far we have used #117 Breakfast Sausage Seasoning and #642 Sheboygan Bratwurst Seasoning. That is a good website that gives you a way to scale to a smaller amount of sausage. I've also made a little mild ring sausage using salt, pepper, and mustard seasoning---but that needs a lot of work yet. I will give you a couple links to sites I used. Good luck and keep us posted on your sausage journey.

Our Seasoning Rubs and BBQ Sauces make home cooking easy. Shop award winning flavor profiles, browse recipes, and learn how to make sausage like a pro.

When smoking sausage, it is important to correctly dry the links before taking them to the smoke.

I just got this book. It suppose to be a good read with lots of information.

Leave a comment:

• Richard Chrz
    replied
    Skip, looks awesome. I am hoping to do this very soon. ANy links and tips you can offer me. and recipes you have used so far. That would be fantastic. Thank you in advance. (Where in Mn are you again?) I am in La Crosse Wi.

Leave a comment:

• Catmandu
    commented on 's reply
    You could cold smoke them. But why not cook them to 150, then package and freeze? Then, just give them a good heat up later in whatever method you choose.

• CaptainMike
    commented on 's reply
    I'm not sure about that, I was referring to the great smoke that pecan pellets impart to meat. I had a big box of them show up at my house last December and I really enjoyed them. Used the last of them a couple of weeks ago.

• Skip
    commented on 's reply
    Is there a safe way to do that on a grill without totally cooking them?

• RonB
    replied
    Great job!

Leave a comment:

• Skip
    commented on 's reply
    Kitchen Aid Mixer.

• Donw
    replied
    Great looking sausages. Sausage making is just plain fun in my book, and you get to enjoy your efforts for months. I might have a different opinion if I was making 2 or 3 hundred pounds at a time like some members.

Leave a comment:

• Mudkat
    replied
    Great job! (Between you and me. They look a little under cooked.) 😀

Leave a comment:

• CaptainMike
    replied
    Add a little pecan smoke to that!

Leave a comment:

• ComfortablyNumb
    replied
    The only problem I see is that you didn't make enough for all of us!

Leave a comment:

• klflowers
    replied
    Very nice, Skip. You may have posted this elsewhere, but what did you use to grind it? And stuff it?

Leave a comment:

• BRic
    replied
    They look awesome

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here