Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Spam Recipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Spam Recipe

One of my guilty pleasures is Spam. All my life! It went on every camping trip as a Boy Scout, my dad would pack it if I didn't. So when i saw this video, my mouth was watering full bore. I'll try it for certain, and if it's close, I'm going to learn to can it.

You might like this Spam Thread https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...spam-challenge

Comment

Oh yeah! Spam, spam, spam wonderful SPAM!

Comment

I love SPAM. In kindergarten we had a project about dinosaurs. It asked all those things like what a dinosaur smells like, etc... when it got to the taste like part I answered SPAM..... 30+ years later and I still haven’t lived it down.
        Last edited by Nate; May 12, 2019, 07:42 PM.

Comment

• NapMaster
          NapMaster commented
          Editing a comment
          You mean they don't taste like SPAM? And all this time thought... 🤔

I'm also a fan, though I haven't had it in decades.

Comment

I love Spam as well. Not afraid to admit it.

Comment

I never tasted it as a kid, and now my wife won't allow it in the house.

Comment

• EdF
              EdF commented
              Editing a comment
              Easy enough to circumvent - store it outside the house and cook it out there!

My father in law likes spam, so I made a batch of this for brunch today. Turned out pretty good, some of the guests wouldn't even try it though.

Comment

Growing up my Mom would make something she called American Chop Suey with Spam.

Start by cubing up two cans of Spam. Brown the cubes up in a pan with a bit of butter.

Next remove the Spam and set aside.

Add a stick of butter to the pan and sweat down a large onion chopped, a head of garlic minced and a head of celery chopped.

Once the vegetables are translucent, add a cup or two of chicken stock.

Make a slurry of corn starch, cold water and soy sauce.

Use this slurry to thicken up whats in the pan.

Stir back in the Spam.

Serve over steamed rice rice with La Choy crunchy Chow Mein noodles and La Chow Soy Sauce.

I’m now hungry for this myself and will have to make it sometime soon.

Comment

I love SPAM. Having spent 20 yeats in the Navy, primarily in the Western Pacific, I've encountered several cultures that eat lot's of it (Hawaii, Philippines, Korea).

SPAM, the meat that beat the Axis.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here