Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meat Grinder Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JimLinebarger , Willh5080 thanks for the recommendation. I replaced the plastic feeder with a stainless one for the mixer and it has worked pretty well so far. We ground some chuck for some burgers last week and it worked like a charm, so I am crossing this off the want to get list for now.

Comment

Which metal attachment did you get, klflowers ? There's the authentic Kitchenaid one for about $75, or less expensive ones on Amazon made by other manufacturers.

I remember HouseHomey mentioning that he likes the plastic Kitchenaid grinder because the parts don't heat up as much.

I'm still using my plastic Kitchenaid attachment, but am often tempted to get the metal one just because. House Homey's comments have reined in that particular MCS temptation. For a while.

Kathryn

Comment

Originally posted by JimLinebarger View Post
      I have Lem #8 Big Bite. It is a little overkill but I have destroyed a KitchenAid mixer (because of a small piece of bone) and we grind our own burger, sausages, and sometimes other things. We do 20-25Lbs. each time we do burger. Still would like a manual grinder for some spontaneous grinding because the #8 is still a pretty big machine and cleaning is a pain for small grinds.
      I love mine #5, a perfect machine for a small family. Grinding sausages and burgers almost every week for two years now. Works fine!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here