Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pancetta - an experiment new to me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Murdy
    commented on 's reply
    Makes sense now, thanks

• EdF
    commented on 's reply
    The initial vacuum seal's purpose is to maximize contact between the bag and the surface of the meat. It's not really vacuum sealing. About 80% contact or higher gets the job done.

• barelfly
    commented on 's reply
    It’s the Umai Dry bag, it allows moisture out the way the bags are made. Lots of people here have used for beef and I’ve done charcuterie with these Umai Dry Bags. They are really cool, especially for the charcuterie piece.

• DiverDriver
    commented on 's reply
    good question!

• Murdy
    replied
    If these things are vacuum sealed, where is the lost weight going?

Leave a comment:

• barelfly
    replied
    Outstanding!

Leave a comment:

• RayD61
    replied
    First attempt at bacon was a success...now on to pancetta...
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• RayD61
    replied
    I’m using meatheads recipe from this site and I used the calculator to determine my cure time. It said three days and you could add on 25% to the total time.

Leave a comment:

• barelfly
    commented on 's reply
    If you are curing, stick to the process. I followed the 7 day process from the book, so I’m not sure which process you are following.

Which recipe are you using?

• RayD61
    replied
    My three day cure is almost up...debating to continue with the additional 25% or another 14 hours just to be safe...does anyone extend their cure or do you stick to the time from the calculator?

Leave a comment:

• barelfly
    commented on 's reply
    I have the final write up done and posted. See the link below for it. Hope you enjoy.

• barelfly
    commented on 's reply
    Outstanding! Very cool seeing that! I hope my posts help you along the way. Enjoy and welcome to The Pit!

• RayD61
    replied
    I’m attempting my first go at curing bacon...my goal is pancetta...can’t wait to see the results.. Click image for larger version

Name:	85E36ADA-8028-4C18-8962-DB630B45724D.jpeg
Views:	328
Size:	128.9 KB
ID:	695957

Leave a comment:

• klflowers
    commented on 's reply
    ComfortablyNumb, I look too good in them

• ComfortablyNumb
    commented on 's reply
    What, she doesn't let you keep hers after you've stretched them out? ;-)

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here