Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Homemade Farmer Sausage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homemade Farmer Sausage

Once this damm weather gets better it will be time to make some sausage . Hope to make some around the end of March .
    Here is a batch we smoked awhile back . Family recipe , helped my dad smoke alot of meats back than . He had a 8 by 10 foot smoker . He smoked everything .

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0145.JPG
Views:	134
Size:	127.5 KB
ID:	638763

I have always been interested in smoking sausage but a little afraid to give it a go. With that setup in the photo at what temperture are you smoking it and for how long? After this phase how long can you refrigerate the sausage? Any issue freezing it?

Comment

• BRic
      BRic commented
      Editing a comment
      First stage we smoked at a temp of 140° F for about 60-90 min, using medium smoke.
      Second stage we smoked the sausage at 165 F for about 10-20 min.ot smoking .Third stage we smoked at a temp of 190° F until the inside of the meat reaches 155° F . We put sausages in a ice cold water bath to cool down , wiped dry and put in fridge to bloom overnight . package meat and put in freezer with no problems.

Good book to get Charcuterie The Craft Of Salting , Smoking & Curing

That makes me want to break out singing "Oh Canada"

Comment

• BRic
      BRic commented
      Editing a comment
      I love your comment !!

• klflowers
      klflowers commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, I have my moments. Those sausages look great. I need to try and make some.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here