Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meats & Sausages dot Com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meats & Sausages dot Com

Thanks & a Tip o' the Prongs to johnec00 for posting this site in the Dry Cured Chorizo discussion. As I read thru the rest of the site sections I thought it deserved an introduction to the PIT at large. Most of the site is interesting, and a lot of topics are short and to the point.

For FireMan follow the link to > Recipes > Sausage Recipes > scroll down to Fermented & Dry... and look to the Dry subsection, alphabetized, where
    Chorizo Ibérico de Huelva
    can be selected. This recipe link will inform you on the magical symbiosis between the Iberian pig and high-elevation acorns. ;o) I don't know how you've missed this till now..

Meats and sausages provides information on how to make sausages, methods for smoking meats and plans for smokehouses.
    Last edited by JGo37; November 8, 2018, 10:21 PM.

Yeah, I have the book Home Production of Quality Meats and Sausages by these dudes and they are the Meathead-Blonder of sausages.

I use their recommended amount of spices and herbs per kg of meat for my sausage making.

Never realized they had a website.

Comment

• JGo37
      JGo37 commented
      Editing a comment
      I like that breakdown too. I'm gonna run for president. I'm going to move Martin Luther King day to the Monday after the Super Bowl, and move us to the metric system. I'm gonna have the White House Chef rewrite the legacy recipes into percentages instead of weights so any size meal is easier to prepare.

For what its worth, the same folks also have a forum. Not nearly as active as the Pit, but there's a good bit of interesting reading . . . .

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here