Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dry Cured Chorizo Recipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dry Cured Chorizo Recipe

Does anyone have one?

yeah, I know - I 'liked' a question. It's just that I love Chorizo...

Comment

• JGo37
      JGo37 commented
      Editing a comment
      FireMan well then we're doing just fine, just like peas and carrots.

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      I too liked the fact that FireMan liked the fact that JGo37 liked the question at hand first likened in the mind of CaptainMike ! Like, like,like,like...like

• FireMan
      FireMan commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey, Troutman , I like that. 😎

Comment

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      Great source Ed. Wheels turning.....

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      And tbob4 liked what EdF provided to the like of Troutman who liked the fact that JGo37 liked what the original poster CaptainMike likened in his mind originally.

• tbob4
      tbob4 commented
      Editing a comment
      Troutman - I have this all on a "like" chart. Interesting. Very interesting.

Darnnit, I love chorizo and was happy with this sighting...but alas, it was just a question...

Comment

• tbob4
      tbob4 commented
      Editing a comment
      EdF 's link is really good.

This site has 25+- different versions of dry Chorizo . . . scroll down on the page to the "Dry" grouping. (there's also several versions of "fresh" Chorizo).

Detailed sausage recipes and instructions are provided for making different types of sausages. The recipes cover the production of fresh sausages, smoked sausages, salamis, fermented sausages, liver and blood sausages, and hams.
    Last edited by johnec00; November 7, 2018, 03:29 PM.

Comment

• treesmacker
      treesmacker commented
      Editing a comment
      OMG that site is awesome! Sooo... many recipes. Where will I start?

• treesmacker
      treesmacker commented
      Editing a comment
      My wife got a little nervous when I showed her how many sausage recipes are here.

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      Horry clap! This site is amazing!

The question was, "does anybody have one", not 25 or a whole site full of em. One, c’mon let’s somebody get one.

Comment

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      I'd like that too !!!

• JGo37
      JGo37 commented
      Editing a comment
      There is only 10 dry chorizo recipes. And I'll pick - Chorizo Asturiano. That's actually my second pick, but I think Iberian pigs with the proper diet of acorns November thru February are tough to come by.

Iberian pigs who eat acorns, not just any time, but, November thru February. Has my chain just been yanked or what? JGo37 c’mon man, be square with me. 😳

Comment

• JGo37
      JGo37 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'll make stuff up if reality ain't interestin' enough, but maybe we've both been yanked?

"Chorizo Ibérico de Huelva originates in Huelva, an old port city, in southwestern Spain. To the north there is a number of mountain ranges with many oak forests ("dehesas") where Iberian pigs roam free and feed between November and February on oak acorns ("bellota").

• JGo37
      JGo37 commented
      Editing a comment
      During that time an average Iberian pig commonly known as pata negra consumes 10 kg (22 lbs) of acorns each day. This diet influences the flavor and the texture of its meat and fat.

• FireMan
      FireMan commented
      Editing a comment
      Ya know, I knew you would do what you just did. That is very cool man. Wonder what those pigs taste like.

How big r them hogs JGo37

Comment

Fire Art About the same size as a cruise basselope.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here