Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sausage Making Book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sausage Making Book

A few weeks back somebody recommended a "must read" sausage making book, but I can't find the thread and I don't remember the book. Anybody have any suggestions for "must read" books?

On my Kindle app I have "Home Production of Quality Meats and Sausages."

They go into DETAIL on proper curing and what not. Like in very much detail. Scientific approach and everything. LOADED with sausage information.

FYI- I have used it, and my dad was very impressed with the product. He has a VERY picky palate, and has been having a local slaughterhouse back home smoke his sausage for the last 30-40 years.
    Last edited by Jerod Broussard; January 24, 2015, 01:48 PM.

Comment

I don't remember it... but I did see this one one time and made some recipes from it... pretty goood
      Charcuterie: The Craft of Salting, Smoking, and Curing

Comment

I have both of those books, and either would be a great choice. The Ruhlman book is better written, but shorter and with fewer recipes. The Marianksi book is much more comprehensive and has many more recipes, with more detail of the science behind charcuterie (though it still falls short of truly scientific textbook).

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here