Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yesterday was Sausage Making Day . . . Three Varieties.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yesterday was Sausage Making Day . . . Three Varieties.

We made three small batches of sausage yesterday. First, thanks to HouseHomey for the Andouille, First pic "raw" and next "smoking", then "finished". Only change to HouseHomey's the recipe was to smoke for a couple of hours over hickory then finish sous vide for 4 hours at 155º. Turned out really good!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Andouille.jpg
Views:	319
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	534906
    Raw Andouille

Name:	smoking.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	23.5 KB
ID:	534911
    Smoking

Name:	Smoked Andouille.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	102.8 KB
ID:	534907
    Finished Andouille

Next was another completely new (to me) - Chicken-feta-spinach sausage. This was excellent grilled.

Name:	Spinach-Feta Cheese.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	89.1 KB
ID:	534908
    Chicken-feta-spinach

Name:	Spinach-Feta Cheese grilled.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	534909
    On the grill

And finally, one of our old favorites . . . Double fennel Italian.

Name:	Fennel.jpg
Views:	267
Size:	75.4 KB
ID:	534910

You have that down! Looks great.

Comment

Awesome !!!! I eat the chicken feta spinach sausages all the time and Love ‘em. I’ll bet yours are off the charts !!! Been on my short list of to-dos, gotta make me some sausages !!!!

Comment

• EdF
        EdF commented
        Editing a comment
        Man you are a foodie! I have to try me some of those!

Sausage-sational. Excellent all round deal.

Comment

that looks awesome! it makes me want to start making my own!

Comment

Great job. I wish I had a vertical smoker just for sausage. I also wish I had the set up to make pepperoni.

Comment

Wonderful looking work. There is something so appetizing about well made sausages.

Comment

What part(s) of the chicken did you use for the chicken sausage?

Comment

• johnec00
                johnec00 commented
                Editing a comment
                I used boneless-skinless chicken thighs . . . The recipe I used is here: http://wedlinydomowe.pl/en/viewtopic...=4928&start=25

Note to mods - I didn't see anything in the guidelines that said "don't link to posts in other forums", but if I missed something please delete.

• scottranda
                scottranda commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks!!

Great job.

Comment

I guess I'm too verbose for the comment block Jerod Broussard
                I love me some good dry cured pepperoni too, but the process is quite involved and takes 3-4 weeks. Truth be known, I've made decent pepperoni using Butcher & Packer mix with cure#1, a little of their "special" binder and some encapsulated citric acid. It's 90% as good as the real thing (especially for the likes of pizza) and much simpler. I don't smoke pepperoni, so I just stuff in 1.5" fibrous casings and sous vide at 155º for 4 hours. I then hang in the fridge for 3-4 days and vacuum bag.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
                  Jerod Broussard commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Good to know. Ticks me off in this town when I order a Pepperoni Lovers from Pizza Hut and it has less pepperoni than a freaking regular pepperoni.

I have a chicken sausage recipe I use. I'm thinking of merging with feta/spinach. Thank you for the post.

Comment

• johnec00
                  johnec00 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thank you for the andouille recipe, grilled one of the links earlier, put it on a toasted hogie and smothered with black beans. Delicious. Doc says I'm supposed to get 35 grams of fiber a day, hence the black beans.

• HouseHomey
                  HouseHomey commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Nice!

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here