Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Celebrated Hot Dog Month in Port Elizabeth SA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Celebrated Hot Dog Month in Port Elizabeth SA

Made 72 of them for the guy's in celebration of Hot Dog month in US. One dog had a Vienna sausage with a topping of Meatheads Chili Sauce (recipe on free site) and the other a spicy Russian sausage top with tomato sauce (I know).
    Nothing to compare with Troutman or Frozen Smoke dogs but were enjoyed nevertheless.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180711_124902.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	86.1 KB
ID:	534513

Looking good. National Hot Dog month has gone international!

Comment

• holehogg
      holehogg commented
      Editing a comment
      No just you guy's rubbing off on me :-)

Looks great to me holehogg that spicy Russian sausage sounds interesting! 72 dogs is a task to tackle nice job!

Comment

• holehogg
      holehogg commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks. It was 144 in total and the spicy Russians are good. There is a Chili one as well that I prefer but didn't have enough on the day.

holehogg Reading how you liked the locomotive looking smoker in the other thread bought back a pleasant memory from my younger days. Right out of the Coast Guard and not knowing what I wanted to do in life I went into the merchant marines. One voyage on the SS Mormacvega had us delivery a whole train for the Malawi national railroad. Deck was filled with a locomotive, cars and a caboose!. Finally ofloaded it in either Dar Es Salaam or Mombasa, I forget which one. But one place I do remember visitng several times during the coastwise section of that voyage was Port Elizabeth. Hope things are as beautiful there now as I remember. Also I was thinking that the smoker might be affordable, but I bet the shipping cost to SA would be horrific nowadays!

Comment

• holehogg
      holehogg commented
      Editing a comment
      PE is a great place to live. Never mind shipping costs it's the R to $ exchange rate. I am busy with 2 smoker projects home built an offset smoker out off an old compressor air tank and a UDS that I just cant seem to get finished.

If we can get Argentina, Sweden & Canada in on it, it will truly be international.

Comment

• holehogg
      holehogg commented
      Editing a comment
      A hint a punt or something

International hot dog month....I love it !!!!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here