Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Being it's hot dog month I did some frankfurters, they're hot dogs too right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Being it's hot dog month I did some frankfurters, they're hot dogs too right?

According to the package from SRF these are all beef gourmet frankfurters. I still call them hot dogs. Inspired by Troutman post earlier I made these today. They fall short of what Troutman did but i didn't have all the fixin's and i was too lazy to go shopping.

So here we go. Started by wrapping them with Kurubota bacon which is also from SRF and started them on low heat on the flat top.

Click image for larger version

Name:	dog on flat top.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	74.0 KB
ID:	534315

Once they were about half or better done I toasted the buns.

Name:	dog getting done.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	534316

I put some sweet/hot peppers and horseradish cream sauce on mine. Served with home made fries. Delicious!

Name:	dog finished.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	82.7 KB
ID:	534317

Yeah they were dogs! Lookin good!

And they weren’t chihuahuas.

Comment

• Frozen Smoke
      Frozen Smoke commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks FireMan after having these dogs from SRF I don't think I can go back to Ball Park......Ever.....

Frozen Smoke , you have to be kiddin me, Ballpark? I haven’t had a packaged doggie in ions. Mine & my wife’s favorite are Hungarian hot dogs out of a meat shop in Toledo. Same dogs served at Tony Pacos.

Comment

• Frozen Smoke
      Frozen Smoke commented
      Editing a comment
      We are in kind of a food desert up here in the northern wilderness.. Lots of brats but nobody pays mind to the humble hot dog. I had a jar of Tony Paco's hot pepper and onions awhile back. Now it's gone and the local store don't stock it anymore. That was some awesome stuff.

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      Klinger's favorite place, and the first stop when he got home from Korea.

• EdF
      EdF commented
      Editing a comment
      Haven't tried it myself so far, but you might just want to try making your own.

I have no idea what you guys are talking about, but I have me survival spoon at the ready, give me some dogs for me belly !!!!

Comment

Really? The SRF franks are that good? Now you're making me want to give them a try, Frozen Smoke . Nice-looking dawgs.

Kathryn

Comment

• Frozen Smoke
        Frozen Smoke commented
        Editing a comment
        Everything from SRF is better than that good! The bacon is superb as well. Being the hot dog lover that I am these dogs have effectively altered my life!! Seriously give them a try you will not regret it.

SRF frankfurters, eh? No wonder then why they wear cuff links. I suppose the tails and top hat were hanging out of camera angle.

Comment

• EdF
        EdF commented
        Editing a comment
        The Fred Astaire of dogs!

Originally posted by ComfortablyNumb View Post
      SRF frankfurters, eh? No wonder then why they wear cuff links. I suppose the tails and top hat were hanging out of camera angle.
      Those are the Grill Pinz lonnie mac turned me on to. They work great for anything bacon wrapped much better than toothpicks! They do look like cuff links though!

Comment

Ha ha at first glance I thought they were jalapeños, I need some of those!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here