Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

July - National Hot Dog Month !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to make a hotdog tantalizing! Troutman in!

Comment

nice, great job! I made dogs last night too but no pic. Lately, I put up a pot of melted butter and baste plus dip when they come off the grill. Taste great! I haven't told the wife yet about the butter trick

Comment

Originally posted by fzxdoc View Post
        There is not a foot long hot dog bun to be had in any grocery store that I have access to. Got the dogs; don't got the buns. Grrrrr.

Kathryn
        This might help. We no longer buy commercial hamburger or hot dog buns. My wife has a great dough recipe that we use to either bake HB buns or roll out to wrap dogs of any length. Condiments for the dogs are a bit of a problem, though ... so we tend to dip:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Buns_20180719-2.JPG
Views:	114
Size:	200.5 KB
ID:	534570

Name:	SmashBurgers_20180714-1.JPG
Views:	125
Size:	116.8 KB
ID:	534571

For the HB buns we use one of these:

Name:	HB Bun Pan.jpeg
Views:	119
Size:	10.2 KB
ID:	534572

Now if only we can find a hot dog bun pan ...

Comment

Nice looking buns, MBMorgan . I'm not an enthusiastic baker, but those photos might make a convert of me. It would be nice to bake buns in the exact amounts that we need instead of tossing out half the package after it goes moldy.

Plus the taste/texture would be better.

Kathryn

Comment

I just read where fzxdoc just said MBMorgan has nice lookin buns. Do we need to flag this or call the cops or stop the presses. 🕶

Comment

• fzxdoc
              fzxdoc commented
              Editing a comment

What true hot-dag aficionado can live without a hot dog scorer from Slotdog?

Name:	Hot_Dog_Scorer_by_Slotdog.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	535006

Name:	Hot_Dog_Scorer_by_Slotdog2.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	106.7 KB
ID:	535007

Comment

• Troutman
              Troutman commented
              Editing a comment
              Fancy !!!

• jgreen
              jgreen commented
              Editing a comment
              I got one of those too. Fun for something different. Got one that does a spiral cut as well

I'm sticking with my hot dog spiral cutter, BBQ_Steve-O . It doesn't cut a true spiral though. It creates spiral-looking grooves. I want to get a real hot dog spiral cutter (besides a knife, that is).

Only one hot dog gizmo is allowed in my kitchen, though, at the request of my husband.

Kathryn
            Last edited by fzxdoc; July 20, 2018, 01:26 PM.

Comment

no need to grill them

Comment

• BBQ_Steve-O
                BBQ_Steve-O commented
                Editing a comment
                LOL... I actually have one of these. Someone gave it to me in one of those Office-Santa Christmas party things. It works great.

fzxdoc Your dream has come true - Spiral-slicer !

Comment

I almost bought that one, BBQ_Steve-O , but then read all the negative reviews on Amazon about it.

Name:	b575e82b-8173-43cd-9c97-e6a37d34f99c_1.e1937ecbaae24b42c684f1f2a5c0f3d5.jpeg?odnHeight=450&odnWidth=450&odnBg=FFFFFF.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	535384

I wanted it to work as shown, but apparently it doesn't because it's too dull.

Kathryn

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here