Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rope sausage pinwheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rope sausage pinwheel

I picked up a pork rope sausage pinwheel today at Dewigs meat market in Haubstaut Indiana. Separated the wind a bit and ran skewers thru it to hold it together and make turning easier. I cut a sweet onion and stuffed between the rope, grilled over kingsford on a pc of non stick foil. Makes great sausage and onion sandwich in a bun. Green pepper slices are good also but none were available for this cook.. an easy cook and very tasty!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	B066D348-C929-4E4C-9D65-07599325CA17.jpeg
Views:	197
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	516083

Name:	C63BA8FD-55E4-46A9-A961-05667B4364DA.jpeg
Views:	219
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	516082

Name:	7FDFE4D9-B1B7-47A3-A889-9F030C8C0647.jpeg
Views:	186
Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	516084

Their rope sausage is awesome! I usually get a pack when I go down there.

In the past I would sometimes foil pack it with onions and peppers and a splash of beer... then sear it off later to give it some color and crunch.

Comment

That looks mighty tasty.

Comment

Thank you for making me really hungry @ 9:00am. Gotta try that. It looks great. I think my frog mat will work great for this.

Comment

• Oakgrovebacon
          Oakgrovebacon commented
          Editing a comment
          The frog mat will be perfect for cooking this - add some green peppers if you have some. (my pantry was empty of them this time, still good!)

All you need is a giant hamburger bun, mustard and a beer.

Comment

• OSB
          OSB commented
          Editing a comment
          Dark Beer with that one. Nice Brown Ale or Porter!

• Oakgrovebacon
          Oakgrovebacon commented
          Editing a comment
          I used a hot-dog bun and mustard, Bud Light on the side. Rope started at 2 lbs - makes 5 buns full with the center 3" cut up to test. Probably have some of the leftovers tonight for supper.

Very nice! I used to get rope sausage at Sonnenberg's in Spokane. I wish I could replicate it at home.

Comment

• ComfortablyNumb
          ComfortablyNumb commented
          Editing a comment
          JoeSousa I live 100m north of Spokane and go there every week. I just can't justify buying sausage when I raise hogs and have hundreds of pounds of pork in the freezer. I do agree with you, best Italian sausage ever.

• ComfortablyNumb
          ComfortablyNumb commented
          Editing a comment
          EdF I'm certain they make it at the shop, my sausage is homemade! ;-)

• EdF
          EdF commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh, you know what I meant! Funny, my wife was saying today (after that msg) that it was time we picked up a butt or two and made our own again. She picked up some nice leaf lard.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here