Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deer and pork, first load

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deer and pork, first load

Dad only likes salt, curing salt, and red pepper.Granulated garlic for the stuff that doesn't get smoked and stays fresh.

Still has a bit to go.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20180331_153713.jpg Views:	1 Size:	168.8 KB ID:	475279

Nice load, perfect fit on that there Blaz'n.

Comment

You’re putting that new cooker to the test aren’t you

Comment

I’m just waiting to see how you end up modding this Cooker!

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
          Jerod Broussard commented
          Editing a comment
          I installed an air gap to the fan before I fired it up for the first time. That took care of the itch.

Lovin all yer Blazn cooks, Jerod Broussard Brother!

I know yer time constraints are horrific, an I'm absolutely delighted ya found a way to cook way more often!
        But, th very best part is that ya share it all with us, here!

Comment

nice rack!

Comment

Two bottom racks cooled down with cold water and currently bloomin'.

Top two racks have a bit to go.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180331_183954.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	103.4 KB
ID:	475400Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180331_183946.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	109.7 KB
ID:	475401

Comment

Those are really looking good. I got a sausage stuffer not long ago and I'm looking forward to some experimenting. I don't hunt & never developed a taste for game meats but I can do an awful lot with pork and beef.

Comment

Very Nice! Fully Loaded.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerod Broussard View Post
                  Dad only likes salt, curing salt, and red pepper. Minced garlic for the stuff that doesn't get smoked and stays fresh.

Still has a bit to go.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180331_153713.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	84.1 KB
ID:	475279
                  Trying to decipher this as I’m just about to embark upon my sausage game. So, I understand that curing salt makes the sausage keep longer. But what about only minced garlic that doesn’t get smoked? I guess you’re saying that you don’t smoke sausage that has been cured? Or if you have a fresh sausage, you never use curing salt. This is probably a question like my first ever post in the Pit when I was smoking a pork butt and I had no idea what I was doing. I’m trying to understand sausage making now.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
                    Editing a comment
                    Curing salt is for sausage you will smoke due to the anaerobic environment of the casing. Botulism is named after the Latin word for sausage. Dad likes the garlic in the fresh stuff since it will be used in gumbos and what not and is frozen immediately after making. scottranda granulated garlic, we don't do minced anymore.....keep saying minced

That looks great! Nice haul!!

Comment

Great job.

Comment

Looks pretty dang good!

Comment

Wow you are pushing the limits of that pellet. I didn't understand your comment on the air gap for the fan? Also, what temp you smokin' at their, like 180* ?

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
                          Editing a comment
                          Temps vary, some folks had ash issues and the air gap on the fan solved the problem. So I installed the gap with 1/2" spacers before I ever fired it up. No ash problems.

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here