Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Opas Hatch Green Chili Sausages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opas Hatch Green Chili Sausages

It's not something I've ever seen back home in Tulsa, and looked interesting, so I bought a package and warmed them up in a CI skillet (to worn to really cook tonight) with a touch of bacon grease.

Excellent, in my opinion! Good peppery flavor, with a mild heat that last well after its been devoured.

I'll buy more...

Sounds good.

Comment

Sounds right tasty, currently googlin'!
      Thanks, Count!
      Be Safe, Amigo!

Comment

Pics, Count?

Comment

hoovarmin Nah. Not for this. Just a link laid across a slice of bread, with MW.
          Last edited by TheCountofQ; October 18, 2017, 04:05 AM.

Comment

Sausage sounds good!

Comment

• Steve B
              Steve B commented
              Editing a comment
              Second that.

Hatch Green Chili Review

Texas Lone Star Review
            Opa’s Smoked Meats out of Fredericksburg, Texas. This Smokehouse has been making Traditional German Sausages since 1947. The Hatch Green Chili Smoked Sausage was great. It had a good ratio of beef to pork. This casing was perfect and the quality meat was juicy. It had plenty of hatch chilis throughout the link. It had a big hatch chili flavor, more than other hatch chili sausages I have tried. I also liked the perfect amount of smoke flavor. Another great product from Opa Smoked Meats. Rated 5 out of 5-D

Interesting. Will have to look for this in store.

Comment

• TheCountofQ
              TheCountofQ commented
              Editing a comment
              Nice. I would give them 5 starts also.

• Troutman
              Troutman commented
              Editing a comment
              I've had these, definitely good!!! Hatch chilies have really caught on in south Texas, HEB sells them in volumes in all kinds of different foods.

Apparently, word gets around fast in this small town. Only two left on the shelf, when I stopped in to get a special cut (picanńa). None left now. Looks to be a much better price than listed on their website.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20171018_173134.jpg
Views:	467
Size:	97.9 KB
ID:	397512

Comment

• Mr. Bones
              Mr. Bones commented
              Editing a comment
              Agreed; seemed cost-prohibitive, lookin' at their website...$21~ish fer 3 #...
              Prob not up to th' same snuff, but HV sells great 4 oz. Jalapeño Cheddar brat, with/without skin, plus burgers of same, fer everyday 8/$5...
              Often on sale 10/$10...

Agreed; seemed cost-prohibitive, lookin' at their website...$21~ish fer 3 #...glad ya' snagged th' last two...did ya' ask meat dept. personnel if they had any more, there in back? I often do, sometimes they come out with better, an' mark it at sale price, fer th' inconvenience...I don't ever expect that, not a game I play with them, but they're know me, an' try to do right by me... I always appreciate that, especially nowadays.

Prob not up to th' same snuff, but HV sells great 4 oz. Jalapeño Cheddar brat, with/without skin, plus burgers of same, fer everyday 8/$5...
            Often on sale 10/$10...

Comment

• TheCountofQ
              TheCountofQ commented
              Editing a comment
              the butcher wasn't there. Saw her yesterday and placed the order, and three gal at the register went in back and got it for me. Ill ask next time I see her though. I probably wouldn't have tried it at 7+per pound, but will be looking for deals on it.

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here