Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Y'all gonna laugh ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bbqoaf
    replied
    No matter how old I get I will always love hot dogs. The best one I've had in a while was a NY style dog as per this recipe, fantastic, don't skimp on the spicy Dijon! http://amazingribs.com/recipes/hot_d..._hot_dogs.html

Leave a comment:

• KiloVolt89
    replied
    Absolutely genius. Beautiful day out today, Searing a flank steak. But took a look at the fridge at what else we had, remember this post, got inspired!

Butterflied a Vienna hot dog, hit it with salt pepper and Tuffy's Q barbecue chipotle rub, onto the gas grill. Hit it with some Q Barbeque sauce near the end and bam.

Delicious! Smoky flavor really comes through. Didn't have any buns, that's why I was inspired by you to hit it with spice and sauce instead and just cut.

So, hats off to you. THANKS!!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• fzxdoc
    replied
    Hot dogs, check. Bologna chubs, check. Two more taste treats added to my PBC to-do list. Thanks, OP20 and John!

Kathryn

Leave a comment:

• Chriscrna
    replied
    Great post man! I've never smoked dogs before, but rest assured I will now.

As far as the pics go, the Blues Hog Dog just looks the best.

Leave a comment:

• omnipotence20
    commented on 's reply
    on the grill pic, the control is on the left, then mustard, rub only dog and then the blues hog dog.

• Ernest
    replied
    I PBC my hotdogs, char them little things. Not a fan of boiled hotdogs

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    replied
    My dad detests hotdogs. Not sure why, I think he thinks of them as kid food or desperation food or something. I cannot disagree, but I also love popsicles, gummy worms, and pizza, lol. I love a good hotdog, sometimes it just hits the spot when nothing else does.

Leave a comment:

• The Burn
    replied
    When you need to smoke, you need to smoke! I'll have to figure out how to do L.A./Danger Dogs on the kettle with some smoke...

Leave a comment:

• Jon Solberg
    replied
    See what I mean ?

Leave a comment:

• _John_
    replied
    Originally posted by Jon View Post
    Nice !

Dogs rock! If you don't think so just say Gold Coast Double Char Chicago!

Great job man

I had a Chicago dog while up watching the Cubs, its a nice little salad with a small side of meat!

Leave a comment:

• Marauderer
    replied
    Oh Man, there is a special place for dogs in our house. I will have to up the ante by using one of the smokers in the future. Thanks for write up Omnipotence!! And Welcome to the Pit Nation. Great contribution for only your 2nd post. Don't be bashful about sharing other things that you have done.

Leave a comment:

• Jon Solberg
    replied
    Nice !

Dogs rock! If you don't think so just say Gold Coast Double Char Chicago!

Great job man

Leave a comment:

• _John_
    replied
    I love it! Great way to cook a lot of dogs, most people just boil em but you could smoke probably 50 at a time. I did a post on chubs of bologna and didn't get much traction but around here they love the stuff, I saw a survey sometime back that said bologna is the 2nd most popular bbq meat in OK. I cooked up 25 pounds of it last week and 20 pounds of it was gone in no time.

Also the kids love dogs and I like finding things to throw on the coals after the main meat is finished and this is a great idea for them while the meat rests.

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    replied
    Excellent write-up! This is what The Pit is all about, sharing fun and informative things and you've succeeded at both. Kudos! I like the adventurous spirit here, I've deep fried them and put buffalo wing sauce on (excellent by the way) never smoked with bbq sauce though.

Leave a comment:

• Jerod Broussard
    replied
    So what dog was what, left to right? The kids love hot dogs, I'll tell them I'll smoke them next time.

And use your top dog, get it? top dog....

That dog in the bun looks incredible.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here