Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smoked hot dogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoked hot dogs

Over the weekend I made the spiral cut hot dogs on my grill. I threw a little apple wood on the charcoal and closed the lid. Who knew that the lowly dog could be so delicious. They are now considered "fancy" dogs and everyone thought they were awesome. Amazing what a little smoke can do. I need to make up some of Meathead's fancy ketchup for the next batch. (We had mustard and all kinds of toppings - don't want to start a ketchup/mustard war!)

I spiral cut every dawg, sausage, hot link, etc. that goes on any of my grill. It takes the merely mundane and jacks it up like nothing else! I'll take mustard, thank you very much! Yellow mustard. French's yellow mustard. Best stuff in the world!

Comment

• Bob's BBQ
      Bob's BBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello - My name is Bob - I'm a ketchup-holic.

• CeramicChef
      CeramicChef commented
      Editing a comment
      +1^!

• Thunder77
      Thunder77 commented
      Editing a comment
      Gulden's Spicy brown, or dijon for me! Thumbs down on the yellow stuff!!

I have missed out on Spiral Cut Hot Dogs. Where is the info on how to do it?

Comment

Thank you, Bob!

Comment

I have used the spiral cut before and really enjoyed the outcome.

Comment

Whenever I entertain and kids will be present, I generally serve them hot dogs and burgers. Kids are really drawn to spiral cut days. Most Jane never seen them before and they love the way they look when cooked and in a bun. Adults love them too. I think a spiral cut dog has much more flavor than just a regular dog.

Comment

Spiral Dogs - The Burnt End of the Tube Steak World.

Comment

• Bob's BBQ
            Bob's BBQ commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes - great analogy!

This makes it quick if you are cooking many hot dogs:
          Curl-A-Dog Spiral Hot Dog Slicer

Let BedBathandBeyond.com help you discover designer brands & home goods at the lowest prices online. With free shipping on EVERYTHING*. See for yourself why shoppers love our selection & award-winning customer service.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
            Jerod Broussard commented
            Editing a comment
            That is sweet.

• Bob's BBQ
            Bob's BBQ commented
            Editing a comment
            The number of gadgets out there for this kind of stuff never ceases to amaze me!
            Wonder if it would work on natural casing dogs, that casing can be kind of tough.

Last weekend, I made smoked spiral dogs for lunch for my daughter and myself. Me....fantastic...more more more! Daughter...meh. The girl is a traditionalist through and through

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here