Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brat fail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brat fail

Made the brat tub for the first time and the sauce was great, but... the brats I got where terrible. Two bites in and my wife and I booth tapped out. They were so salty I couldn't take it. What a waste of a good cook they were nice and juicy too. Now I'm at the Mexican spot down there road getting burritos. 😭

Well, at least is wasn't your cooking.

Comment

What brand wee they?

Comment

With all the snowbirds in Phoenix, it would follow that good brats could be found. but then again with my folks retired to northwest Arkansas, they were hard pressed to find a quality Bratwurst that are in abundance in Wisconsin. I often visited them, packing a cooler of different sausages (and brandy).

Comment

• CandySueQ
          CandySueQ commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey -- there's Johnsonville in NW Ark! Actually, there's lots of things that are hard to find here.

Johnsonville brats is the only ones I will buy.

Comment

Make your own!!

Comment

• DWCowles
            DWCowles commented
            Editing a comment
            Don't have time to make my own

The brand I got was Denmark. I am not a fan of the Johnsonville. That's why I don't bug brats much anymore. There is a local place that makes sausages and they are pretty good. Just out of the way

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here